Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Finished Shiki. Thought it kinda had a FTW ending.

Going from your thread you made about it, you simply missed everything, because it clearly showed/explained what happened to all the characters and such that you questioned.

Anyways:

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin - Specials - Great specials, possibly some of the best short dvd specials I've ever laid eyes on. It was cute and funny. Poor Tsucchi, you will be missed.

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ 00 - Mostly just a fanservice episode leading up to the start of the second season.

Yosuga no Sora

I guess the story had potential. There wasn't really much depth to it. It was kind of confusing in the first half of the series and I really could've done without the ecchi.

Done without the ecchi? lol. The funny thing is, that's the whole point of the show and it was made clear before the show was even made. It's based on a hentai game, and the Anime shows 4-episode arcs which follows the different routes in the story you could have taken in the game from what I've been told.

I do not see why you would expect anything else from it, or how you would find something so simple to be confusing.

Done without the ecchi? lol. The funny thing is, that's the whole point of the show and it was made clear before the show was even made. It's based on a hentai game, and the Anime shows 4-episode arcs which follows the different routes in the story you could have taken in the game from what I've been told.

I do not see why you would expect anything else from it, or how you would find something so simple to be confusing.

Clearly, I didn't realise that. aha.. I didn't read too much about the show before deciding to give it a go so when a new arc started and the story kinda restarted, it took me a while to realised what had actually happened. lol

Monster - 8/10 (barely)

People have the galls to compare this to Death Note? Please the first 17 episodes almost had me dropping this show. The next 20 episodes were better but still sucked. It wasn't until episodes 40+ that anything really even started happening. My rating for this show is a very forgiving rating at best. I wouldn't even classify this in the same genre as Death Note.

There is no Mystery, there is very little suspense, and nothing ever truly happens in Monster. It ends exactly how it begins. So what was it's redeeming factors? It was rather interesting in the latter half when characters completely start to go against their own character and all of their beliefs and stuff actually starts happening and coming together. I was interested in what would happen with Tenma, and I found myself eventually liking even the detective I once hated for his obsession.

I would say that you could give this show a try, but do not expect anything epic like Death Note. You could safely skip the majority of Monster's episodes and still get to the meat of the series. Watch the first few episodes then skip to episode 17, and so on. I can see why the DVD's didn't sell well. They only released the first set, which also happens to be the worst of the series. This series is extremely drawn out and slow which ruined any tension or suspense it tried to build upon.

I just finished Samurai Girl Real Bout High School. It was pretty good and had its ups and downs near the end.

I also just finished 3 OVAs: Spectral Force, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna and Mei Ou Project Zeorymer, aka Hades Project Zeorymer. Zeorymer was a decent mecha from the late 80s. It was strange to have a story where the main character was good and bad. Galaxy Fraulein Yuna was decent for what it was. Spectral Force could have been better if it was longer. It seems like it may have been made similar to Fire Emblem in which there were meant to be more episodes, but they reduced the amount to something like 2.

Beyblade Revolution 5/10, It really dropped off from the first season and the dialogue should have gotten better over 3 seasons.

Gantz & Gantz Second Stage 8/10 It was cut too short for my taste and I heard they deviated from the manga with the last few episodes

Chrono Crusade 6.5-7/10 It was okay at times, but it never stuck to me, and them both dying at the end kinda turned me off

Gundam 00 S2 9.5/10 Wow one of the best anime I've seen. One of the only anime ever where I liked the ending and all the sadistic psycho people got what they deserved.

Gad Gaurd 4/10 Started off okay then it just made me lose interest. everyone forgot their Gads or they just got destroyed. And it was like nobody cared!

Eureka 7 8.5/10, Better than I expected, didn't finish it first time around but it is completely different from what I remember 5 years ago. Would have liked the kids to see Renton and Eureka before it went ended.

Gurren Lagaan 9/10 A better ending would have made it a perfect score.

Gantz & Gantz Second Stage 8/10 It was cut too short for my taste and I heard they deviated from the manga with the last few episodes.

No, it just ended when the manga truly got interesting.

Gad Gaurd 4/10 Started off okay then it just made me lose interest. everyone forgot their Gads or they just got destroyed. And it was like nobody cared!

Wait what? I don't think so. I loved the series.

Gurren Lagaan 9/10 A better ending would have made it a perfect score.

Any other ending would have ruined the series. It ended perfectly and covered any holes left by the series. The only thing I didn't like was they forgave the guy who tried to have the main character put to death, then they put the guy right back into power. What was it you felt was wrong with it?