God: Concept or Diety?

xNoName

I found a similar topic at some other forum, so I thought why not check out what Kametsu people want to share on this.

Before moving forward I would like to raise some questions. The most basic one is How in the hell is universe running without anyone controlling it? How was universe created? The most famous and adapted theory would be the Big bang theory. But there are some unanswered questions regarding that too, it has got some limitations too, like - Why and How the Big Bang occurred? Is the universe still expanding, If yes, does it have any limit? Where did the physics laws come from? Why are there such laws? There are a lot of other questions too but there are no evidences to support the answers.

Right at that moment, the concept of "God" comes knocking. When we can't theorize or explain something, we tend to think that God created it. Maybe and probably the Big Bang theory is correct, at least partially. But it doesn't answer the question why it happened, and why our physical world with all these rules was created. That leads to a conclusion that our physical world was created by something different that all the physical things that we know of, something that this world's rules doesn't apply to. That's God.

What I think is that our creator (God) is something that is not bound by time, space or rules of physics. We try to define/prove/disprove him without even understanding our world. For me the world that we live in is the proof that God exists, cause all that we know had to be created by something. At the same time, I'm not saying any Religious shit, nor am I religious. I don't believe in discrimination due to religion, in fact, I stand to repress is if something like that is happening in front of me. What I'm saying is that something exists there who helped in making us, that something is the thing that started that Big Bang. That is what I believe.

As to the question of what is "God", that's something unanswerable for now.

Discuss.

I think it's a concept as I consider us as our own Gods seeing as we can give life,

take it, help it and make our own choices. Sort of wished there was a poll. xD

Despite this, I don't think you should play as somebody elses God.

Though sadly, some people choose to do so.

In all honesty, I don't have a clue what a God truly is.

I'll know when I die or something, I ain't too fussed over the whole thing.

Live life to the fullest and be a good person. Common sense to me.

A lot of people seem to think that you need a religion to be moral.

I really don't agree with this. I've never been religious, but I'm a good person at heart.

I find life to be precious and something to forever cherish, protect and respect.

And like all people, we all have different morals and beliefs.

I could be right, I could be wrong. I'm not at all honestly bothered.

I am who I am.

I found a similar topic at some other forum, so I thought why not check out what Kametsu people want to share on this.

Before moving forward I would like to raise some questions. The most basic one is How in the hell is universe running without anyone controlling it? How was universe created? The most famous and adapted theory would be the Big bang theory. But there are some unanswered questions regarding that too, it has got some limitations too, like - Why and How the Big Bang occurred? Is the universe still expanding, If yes, does it have any limit? Where did the physics laws come from? Why are there such laws? There are a lot of other questions too but there are no evidences to support the answers.

Right at that moment, the concept of "God" comes knocking. When we can't theorize or explain something, we tend to think that God created it. Maybe and probably the Big Bang theory is correct, at least partially. But it doesn't answer the question why it happened, and why our physical world with all these rules was created. That leads to a conclusion that our physical world was created by something different that all the physical things that we know of, something that this world's rules doesn't apply to. That's God.

What I think is that our creator (God) is something that is not bound by time, space or rules of physics. We try to define/prove/disprove him without even understanding our world. For me the world that we live in is the proof that God exists, cause all that we know had to be created by something. At the same time, I'm not saying any Religious shit, nor am I religious. I don't believe in discrimination due to religion, in fact, I stand to repress is if something like that is happening in front of me. What I'm saying is that something exists there who helped in making us, that something is the thing that started that Big Bang. That is what I believe.

As to the question of what is "God", that's something unanswerable for now.

Discuss.

This is exactly what I believe (believe being the best word I could think of). I was raised in a Catholic family, went to Catholic schools, then in my late teens just dropped religion.

Whenever I get into a discussion (a rare thing to happen in my case), I quote the Law of the Conservation of Matter and Energy (at least I think that's what its called). It basically says that matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another. If matter can't be created...then where did matter come from?

I also look at evolution as a proof of a higher being. Take changes in DNA to account for changes in environment. For example...take a hedgehog. It has lots of spines. The only use they serve is to protect it from predators. The spines were made through DNA. Yet...how does DNA know to more or less make the genes for spines? Genes for eyes, in order to take advantage of visible light? Basically, more or less every part of our bodies, and not just humans, have been changed or adapted in some way to cope with the environment. How does DNA "know" to change in order to give us the next advantage?

At the same time, I don't follow a set religion. I claim to be a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but that's more for irony's sake than out of any true belief. Religions by definition are false. Each religion claims to be the one true path to God (except for Buddhism, which if I remember correctly, doesn't have a God per se). Each one has a Holy Book or Books which are supposed to be the Word of God (Islam, I'm looking at you). Yet, these books, said to contain the infallible word of God, are written in the language of humans, which is not infallible. A supposedly perfect message written in an imperfect language. Members of these religions then say that, for every situation, they need only look to the Holy Book for guidance.

Yet, these books, once read, reveal a God hellbent on genocide. The Bible is the worst example.

Just watch this

If the Bible et al are the infallible Words of God, then...why the nonsensical laws? Where should I look for the wisdom on whether or not to drop an atomic bomb? Perhaps I should look outside the Bible, and consult morality, ethics and other things.

There is no God.

I love religious people. They're so contradictory and hypocritical and usually very close minded it's kind of amusing.

lol, and you think your not, everyones a hypocrite in one way or onother, what makes you think anyones perfect.

no ones perfect and no one shuold say they are because thats pretty

mutch blasphemy, Because only a God is perfect(real or not, for him to be considered God is for him to be considered perfect)and for them to say

they are God/perfect is blasphemy.

Why and How the Big Bang occurred? Is the universe still expanding, If yes, does it have any limit? Where did the physics laws come from? Why are there such laws? There are a lot of other questions too but there are no evidences to support the answers.

In 2011 the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics to Saul Perlmutter, Brian P. Schmidt and Adam G. Reiss "for the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae". This discovery not only told us that the universe is expanding but also that it was expanding from a singular point. If you want to know more i suggest reading. As for the laws of physics, they didnt come from anywhere they have always been. As to why there are such laws, because there is matter and space in this universe. There is plenty of evidences to support the answers to your questions, in fact there is so much that we leave no room for the possibility of god. You could have answered all these questions yourself.

In my personal opinion (and I will not argue with anybody about this as it is MY opinion and you will not change my mind on it)

It is a concept, "god" was created from a schizophrenic who kept on hearing voices and believed them to be a "supreme being"

I do know that people wish to believe in something more powerful and more "all knowing" then what they themselves are, that's why when things go wrong that can just say "god is testing me" or "this is a lesson HE has given me."

But this is my opinion, if you don't like it... too bad ^.^

Who created God?

Who created the laws that have always just been there?

Both religion and science essentially have an identical flaw in their "point A".

The theory of something coming from something that's just always been there (big bang/expansion) is as equally illogical as a God that set things in motion.

Ahhh, joyful conversations set to crawl under peoples skins. People believe what they want to believe. I come from a strict family of agnostics. Man I got flogged daily with the joys of science, theory and how no such things as "gods" could ever exist.

Funny. I'm a priest now. :)

I understand the Big Bang just fine thanks. How much do YOU know about theology? Clue: It starts with "belief" and "faith". You obviously have both or you wouldn't have so much faith & belief in the Big Bang. Which, of course, you were there to witness.

It makes as much sense that in the beginning there was nothing and from nothing came the word (for the record I'm actually a Norse priest, so this God/Jesus stuff doesn't quite work for me, but what the hey) as it does to believe that the universe was created when the two metaphysical realms of fire and ice met and created it, as it does to believe that initially there was nothing until something that occurred that set off some kind mass explosion of, well, whatever.

Prosecution, either produce eye witnesses or the jury will be forced to take it on faith and belief that someone in this room is right. Please don't tell me about your god called science and I won't tell you about my god called Odin. Thank you. :)

In my personal opinion (and I will not argue with anybody about this as it is MY opinion and you will not change my mind on it)

It is a concept, "god" was created from a schizophrenic who kept on hearing voices and believed them to be a "supreme being"

I do know that people wish to believe in something more powerful and more "all knowing" then what they themselves are, that's why when things go wrong that can just say "god is testing me" or "this is a lesson HE has given me."

But this is my opinion, if you don't like it... too bad ^.^

BOOYAH!! Nice one Mae! Thats ze good ol "If one person hears voices, they are mad. If many hear voices, they have religion!" dilema in a nut shell....kudos!

I am God ... you may all bow now ! lol ! I think the world and the universe and the whole big bang thing, happened simply because there was the possibility of them happening, just because it formed an environment beneficial to our eventual creation and survival doesn't mean that some deity did it. People always seem to turn to god when theres something they don't understand, something they need help with, or when they've been damned to death and and are left desperately grasping at straws :/ once you start relying on god you start belittling the impact of your own actions and you blind yourself to any other possibility. By believing in god you apply certain limitations to yourself and I refuse to be limited. I do my best EVERY day and it's not because I believe in some god who will lift me up to a better place as some sort of incentive, but because it's what I should do, all of my praises go to my fellow man and so I've none left for any gods ...

lol, and you think your not, everyones a hypocrite in one way or onother, what makes you think anyones perfect.

no ones perfect and no one shuold say they are because thats pretty

mutch blasphemy, Because only a God is perfect(real or not, for him to be considered God is for him to be considered perfect)and for them to say

they are God/perfect is blasphemy.

I most definitely am not contradictory and hypocritical and close minded :) Where did you pull "perfection" out of? I never said anything about perfection. And if there was a God, it wouldn't be "perfect." Don't know why you would think that.

I most definitely am not contradictory and hypocritical and close minded :) Where did you pull "perfection" out of? I never said anything about perfection. And if there was a God, it wouldn't be "perfect." Don't know why you would think that.

well I only talked about perfection because that is without flaw, and you were talking about others with flaws. I didn't say you were a contradictory or close minded because I don't know much about that, but I did look up what a hypocrite is and it said that it was a form of lie, putting on a false impression when you feel the complete opposite, which is a form of lie. don't tell me you haven't lied before. But I'm also open to correction because I also do not claim to know everything. plus I don't think I should pick which attributes a God can have or not have to be perfect, I just choose to believe that if hes God he is perfect, people have different views and that's what this thread and others are for. to find out what others know or thinks about the matter at hand.

• 1 month later...

People will try to give reason why everything happens. A lot of people fear certain things and the loss of the notion 'control' is one of them.

God is just an idea meant to ease and answer those not bold enough to discover things for themselves. Just saying that god created everything is easy and since people are afraid of being judged for not believing in god, few people for many years have not spoken against it.

Its also easy to ask 'why or how' expecting or knowing that the person you are asking has no much of a valid answer then you do. Why do exist how was the universe created? well why does it matter and don't complain.

The only reason the laws of physics are so in depth to us is because we are the ones to title it, to see it, to test it. Science does not dis prove 'god' but replaces it.

Everyone believes in something, even if it be so small and insignificant that they themselves do not know that they believe in it. God or science, someone will answer things with one of these or maybe neither of them. Some people just accept that the world is as the world was. They do not fear it or expect anything they just go about their day.