Rock Lee vs Neji

Diablo

Who'd have won during preliminary chunin exam?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd have won during preliminary chunin exam?

• Rock Lee
    • Neji

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that time in the series Lee specifically stated he couldn't beat Neji. No matter how much he tried Neji was always better than him. I honestly don't think that has changed even now in the series, but then they haven't actually shown either of their progress that much since then. Neji was a gifted Byakugan user, one of the best.

Lee was one of the worst but got to where he is through determination and the will to never give up. I figure it could be a close match up but Neji would probably come out on top.

When Rock Lee opened the gates he was even faster than garas ultimate defense... neji wouldnt be able to keep up

I think you're forgetting that Neji can attack you over 300 times before you have a chance to even do anything and everyone of his hits blocks off the chakra passage. Essentially I think he can 'shut off' the opening of the gates and his speed could likely be comparable to Lee. Lee may be one of the best fighters of the series but only being able to use Taijutsu and opening some gates kind of puts him at a disadvantage to several types of attacks.

I believe Koby has a good point however i don't think Rock Lee had ever opened the inner gates against Neji as Neji appeared shocked when he used this technique( he may have opened 1-2 gates as the lotus activates this Jutsu however i don't think he went to five in any bouts against him), i'm gonna go out on alimb and go for Rock Lee to win this Fictional bout :P You gotta like the lovable loser and there Uber brows however.

People that are great with Massive eyebrows:

Tsumugi Kotobuki aka Mugi (K-on!)

Might Guy (a seasick man)

Rock Lee (a drunken fist master)

hm... even though lee does put himself down by comparison to neji, i think if pushed to it lee would win, although nejis byakugan can see whatever wherever if the both of them where at the top of fighting condition, meaning lee could still open the 5 gates with less risk then before and neji learning rotation and air palm techniques, against lee's speed it'd be like watching a train come at you. but thats my thoughts on it.

I think you're forgetting that Neji can attack you over 300 times before you have a chance to even do anything and everyone of his hits blocks off the chakra passage. Essentially I think he can 'shut off' the opening of the gates and his speed could likely be comparable to Lee. Lee may be one of the best fighters of the series but only being able to use Taijutsu and opening some gates kind of puts him at a disadvantage to several types of attacks.

This is true, but it is because Neji is fast. However, Gai also states that Lee is the genin with the best taijutsu. So Lee would be able to keep up with Neji. And Lee lost to Neji since he was never able to open gates in order to fight him. However, since Gai was allowing him to use his better moves, Neji would be unable to keep up with his speed. It would be a replay of Lee vs Sasuke, where the one with the special eyes can see whats happening but is unable to move fast enough to dodge, block, or counter.

This is true, but it is because Neji is fast. However, Gai also states that Lee is the genin with the best taijutsu. So Lee would be able to keep up with Neji. And Lee lost to Neji since he was never able to open gates in order to fight him. However, since Gai was allowing him to use his better moves, Neji would be unable to keep up with his speed. It would be a replay of Lee vs Sasuke, where the one with the special eyes can see whats happening but is unable to move fast enough to dodge, block, or counter.

i agree whats so good about seeing whats gonna happen if you cant get out of the way.

at one time or another the visual jutsu users have lost to the ones with out visual justu.

• 2 weeks later...