Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

Whao so Obito is Tobi? I haven't kept up with the manga, is there a flash back of how obito rose out of the rocks?

This is so trippy, parts of it make sense but other parts don't add up. I'm thinking of Nagato and his Rinnegan.

Tobi more or less is the same age as Kakashi. When everyone is off fighting in the war (the sannin away where Jiraiya meets Nagato)

Wouldn't that mean Tobi lied about giving Nagato the Rinnegan? Because Obito then would have been either the same age as Nagato or slightly older. Or did the manga explain that too? Its just weird Tobi is Obito and not a newer character but whatever I like the twist.

Here's what happened, to save you having to read those god-awful chapters

1) Kakashi Gaiden happens, Obito is crushed underneath a pile of rocks, says to Rin to take out his left Sharingan eye and give it to Kakashi. They then leave and all they know is they left Obito to die a horrible death either due to starvation or being crushed entirely under the rocks, instead of granting him a mercy death.

2) Somehow, the greatest coincidence of all time happens. Obito somehow survives, finds himself in a tunnel, crawls along for a while then collapses. When he comes to, he finds that the right half of his body has been operated on and replaced (but somehow his right eye survived). He finds out that an extremely old man saved his life, a man hooked up to a strange thing called the Gedo Mazou. A couple of Zetsu clones come in and after a while, the man reveals himself as Madara Uchiha (it was Madara or one of the Zetsu clones who had given Nagato the Rinnegan eyes, by the way, not Obito).

3) Obito stays there a while, a few months at least, while he recuperates. Eventually, one of the Zetsu clones goes out, comes back, says he saw Kakashi and Rin fighting off a bunch of enemy Jounin and ANBU. Obito then wears one of the Zetsu clones like a suit (that one's face is just like the Tobi mask). Obito goes out, only to see Kakashi killing Rin with his Chidori. Apparently he was tricked by one of the enemy Jounin. Kakashi passes out, but just before, both he and Obito awaken their Mangekyou Sharingan.

4) Obito loses it and with Zetsu enhanced strength and speed, kills all the enemy ninja. He brings Rin back with him (leaving Kakashi there). He says to Madara he will create a dream world with him, Rin and Kakashi in it. At the end of the chapter, he's now fully in his Tobi persona but introduces himself to Nagato as Madara Uchiha.

I doubt Madara would have let Obito go completely carefree without any binding whatsoever... either he was under some genjutsu that made Obito see Kakashi kill Rin, or Kakashi was really about to kill Rin, and somehow Madara saw this, perhaps through the Gedo Mazou.

Also, I don't think Obito falling into Madara's tunnel was a complete coincidence. Perhaps the genjutsu Madara could have put on Obito caused him to feel like he was falling into a tunnel, and he really just sent a Zetsu to retrieve him... We don't really know yet, but I think it would be way too corny if it was a complete coincidence.

And yes, I agree with you, these last chapters have been absolutely terrible.

1) Kakashi Gaiden happens, Obito is crushed underneath a pile of rocks, says to Rin to take out his left Sharingan eye and give it to Kakashi. They then leave and all they know is they left Obito to die a horrible death either due to starvation or being crushed entirely under the rocks, instead of granting him a mercy death.

2) Somehow, the greatest coincidence of all time happens. Obito somehow survives, finds himself in a tunnel, crawls along for a while then collapses. When he comes to, he finds that the right half of his body has been operated on and replaced (but somehow his right eye survived). He finds out that an extremely old man saved his life, a man hooked up to a strange thing called the Gedo Mazou. A couple of Zetsu clones come in and after a while, the man reveals himself as Madara Uchiha (it was Madara or one of the Zetsu clones who had given Nagato the Rinnegan eyes, by the way, not Obito).

3) Obito stays there a while, a few months at least, while he recuperates. Eventually, one of the Zetsu clones goes out, comes back, says he saw Kakashi and Rin fighting off a bunch of enemy Jounin and ANBU. Obito then wears one of the Zetsu clones like a suit (that one's face is just like the Tobi mask). Obito goes out, only to see Kakashi killing Rin with his Chidori. Apparently he was tricked by one of the enemy Jounin. Kakashi passes out, but just before, both he and Obito awaken their Mangekyou Sharingan.

4) Obito loses it and with Zetsu enhanced strength and speed, kills all the enemy ninja. He brings Rin back with him (leaving Kakashi there). He says to Madara he will create a dream world with him, Rin and Kakashi in it. At the end of the chapter, he's now fully in his Tobi persona but introduces himself to Nagato as Madara Uchiha.

.......Ok I know you mean well but pleeeeease refrain from the exaggerations and inaccuracies. ~_~;;

/kthnx

.......Ok I know you mean well but pleeeeease refrain from the exaggerations and inaccuracies. ~_~;;

/kthnx

I don't see any exaggerations or inaccuracies in that. It's pretty much exactly what happened, although Kishi's way of telling the story was worse.

...And yes, I agree with you, these last chapters have been absolutely terrible...

And yet, here we are still reading and discussing this manga....why do you think that is?

Haha.

Anyway, Naruto 607 is up: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/607

FINALLY, IT'S OVER!!!! No, not the manga, Obito's past. Go check it out. Oh and no Naruto next week.

As usual, Mangapanda always adds some wacky stuff at the end, lol! I seriously choked on my water while reading page 20!!

Edited by Seraph

/kthnx

I don't see any exaggerations or inaccuracies in that. It's pretty much exactly what happened, although Kishi's way of telling the story was worse.

1, Read this chapter: http://www.mangaread...hapter-244.html

Did it really look like they'd consider giving him a mercy death? Was that how its supposed to work now in stories with tons of clichés similar to this one? Heck its not just about stories, even IRL its an outrageous concept that you'd put someone out of their misery when they're already dying and no we ain't talking bout putting down diseased animals or people. I'm talking about a soldier who's fatally wounded in battle and you have the nerve to suggest giving him the final blow simply coz you think it'd be mercy and especially when that person never asked for it. But you know what? Sure lets ask ourselves how this scenario would've turned out if they HAD considered ending obito's life, how do you suppose they would've done it? Slit his throat? Stabbed him silly? Fed him poison? Rolled over that boulder on top of him which they couldn't even move? Smash his blind face with some rocks? No seriously do tell and while you're at it, explain how they would've done it in the limited time they had too.... -______-

2, He didn't crawl his half arse across the tunnel and collapsed. He was pretty much in the same spot he was buried, except at a lower level which (being the only coincidence) happened to be the tunnel belonging to old madara.

http://www.mangaread...et/naruto/602/5

^ Next to the rock, the same rock which crushed his half side. And yes this is the only sketchy miracle I'll admit how he was able to "slip away" when falling alongside it below.

3, He doesn't bring Rin back with him. He left her along with kakashi and as you can see in the current chapter, there is a grave where they both visit.

Speaking of the current chapter, about time the flashbacks are over but I still feel a little empty. >>

I mean does the whole sacrificing your family/friends/loved ones for a self imposed cause run in the family? ........Oh wait it does.

Edited by Bardon

/kthnx

1, Read this chapter: http://www.mangaread...hapter-244.html

Did it really look like they'd consider giving him a mercy death? Was that how its supposed to work now in stories with tons of clichés similar to this one? Heck its not just about stories, even IRL its an outrageous concept that you'd put someone out of their misery when they're already dying and no we ain't talking bout putting down diseased animals or people. I'm talking about a soldier who's fatally wounded in battle and you have the nerve to suggest giving him the final blow simply coz you think it'd be mercy and especially when that person never asked for it. But you know what? Sure lets ask ourselves how this scenario would've turned out if they HAD considered ending obito's life, how do you suppose they would've done it? Slit his throat? Stabbed him silly? Fed him poison? Rolled over that boulder on top of him which they couldn't even move? Smash his blind face with some rocks? No seriously do tell and while you're at it, explain how they would've done it in the limited time they had too.... -______-

2, He didn't crawl his half arse across the tunnel and collapsed. He was pretty much in the same spot he was buried, except at a lower level which (being the only coincidence) happened to be the tunnel belonging to old madara.

http://www.mangaread...et/naruto/602/5

^ Next to the rock, the same rock which crushed his half side. And yes this is the only sketchy miracle I'll admit how he was able to "slip away" when falling alongside it below.

3, He doesn't bring Rin back with him. He left her along with kakashi and as you can see in the current chapter, there is a grave where they both visit.

Speaking of the current chapter, about time the flashbacks are over but I still feel a little empty. >>

I mean does the whole sacrificing your family/friends/loved ones for a self imposed cause run in the family? ........Oh wait it does.

In the Naruto world, it is very likely they practice mercy killing. They are ninjas, who practice in death. They're supposed to destroy their comrade's bodies on the spot so as to prevent leakage of valuable information (at least, this is true of ANBU Hunter-nin, if you recall what Kakashi said Haku would have done to Zabuza had Haku been a real ANBU). I said a mercy killing because they have a comrade trapped underneath a pile of rocks, they don't know how long he would live normally. If I had been Obito in that situation, I would have preferred having my throat slit, rather than being left underneath a pile of rocks to starve to death. Yes, its harsh, yes I sound incredibly cruel, but that world has been shown to be a harsh world. The Hyuuga enslave their own with a curse mark, that's supposed to destroy their eyes upon death.

And by the way, it sure does look like Obito did take Rin's body back with him to Madara's lair.
/>http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/606/4

Just because there's a grave in Konoha doesn't automatically mean that there's a body in it.

If you want to say Obito didn't crawl in a tunnel, fine. At least when Madara said he found him in a passage, that was Kishi giving us a quasi-sensible explanation for how Obito managed to survive.

In the Naruto world, it is very likely they practice mercy killing. They are ninjas, who practice in death. They're supposed to destroy their comrade's bodies on the spot so as to prevent leakage of valuable information (at least, this is true of ANBU Hunter-nin, if you recall what Kakashi said Haku would have done to Zabuza had Haku been a real ANBU). I said a mercy killing because they have a comrade trapped underneath a pile of rocks, they don't know how long he would live normally. If I had been Obito in that situation, I would have preferred having my throat slit, rather than being left underneath a pile of rocks to starve to death. Yes, its harsh, yes I sound incredibly cruel, but that world has been shown to be a harsh world. The Hyuuga enslave their own with a curse mark, that's supposed to destroy their eyes upon death.

And by the way, it sure does look like Obito did take Rin's body back with him to Madara's lair.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/606/4

Just because there's a grave in Konoha doesn't automatically mean that there's a body in it.

If you want to say Obito didn't crawl in a tunnel, fine. At least when Madara said he found him in a passage, that was Kishi giving us a quasi-sensible explanation for how Obito managed to survive.

First off, you need to get it through your head that this is NOT a hardcore ninjaverse and not all of the ninjas act like the Anbu. Throughout the story its been heavily laid that stuff like destroying your comrade's dead bodies on the spot, giving em a mercy death or leaving em behind to die aren't common behavior, its actually the opposite.

Secondly, you need to stop assuming things on how YOU would've enacted. Instead of putting yourself in their position, think about from their own character's perspective. They never intended on leaving him behind and at that moment it was evident that he couldn't have survived for much longer. Same goes for the small fraction of time they had. Literally seconds after he pulled rin out of that hole and obito got buried, kakashi fainted and from that point on it was all minato's doing who told kakashi that it was too late. You said it twice now about the possibility of starving to death but what about bleeding to death or getting crushed to death? I think at that point the last thing he needed was mere sustenance. =P

Bottom line is: his death would've been inevitable under normal circumstances and that this is only kishi giving obito a haxed up plot shield.

That page you just linked to simply shows obito wanting to hold/hug rin, the next scene where he returned to madara showed no sign of rin being brought back.

I didn't say anything bout not acknowledging madara finding him in a passage, I just said that he didn't have to "crawl" his way on there because the passage was on the lower side of where he already was. It was miraculous enough that he was alive, further adding that he'd be conscious in that horrific state and being able to crawl is way too pushy.

I'm at a loss after this chapter. At first, it looked like Obito's reasons were primarily based out of love for Rin. He was devastated that she was gone and so on and so forth...but now, he....doesn't care anymore? Then what is his drive? Is he really just continuing with the plan with no reason whatsover?

What would happen if he and Madara actually succeeded in getting the Moon's Eye Plan to work? Would he bring Rin back to life even though he doesn't care? Or is he simply not caring about "certain" things?

Can anybody elaborate on this or share their thoughts?

I'm at a loss after this chapter. At first, it looked like Obito's reasons were primarily based out of love for Rin. He was devastated that she was gone and so on and so forth...but now, he....doesn't care anymore? Then what is his drive? Is he really just continuing with the plan with no reason whatsover?

What would happen if he and Madara actually succeeded in getting the Moon's Eye Plan to work? Would he bring Rin back to life even though he doesn't care? Or is he simply not caring about "certain" things?

Can anybody elaborate on this or share their thoughts?

It is very hard to make sense of this. From what the chapter tells us, Obito now wants to create a dream world, with a fake Rin and Kakashi. He knows they will be fake (the alternative is to say Obito doesn't know what a Genjutsu is). However, his actions before his "death" don't support him wanting to dominate a puppet Rin. He was genuinely in love with Rin, from what we see. There was nothing there to say he wanted to brainwash her or marry her and not respect her as her own person. He actively set out to court her, and then, just before his death, willingly gave up on her, saying to Kakashi to take care of her.

Plus, this ignores the fact Obito hears of two methods that would bring a person back to life. He is told directly by Madara about the "King of Hell Jutsu" that the Rinnegan can do. Given its only been a short while since Rin died, one could theoretically see him kidnapping Nagato and somehow forcing him to do the jutsu (however, this is not very likely, as Nagato is older and more experienced than Obito, even while wearing the Zetsu suit. I would honestly bet my money on Nagato winning that fight, as he'd have help from Konan and Yahiko. Remember, at this point, Obito doesn't even know about his Kamui power, and he's unpractised fighting with the Zetsu suit).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this but WHERE IN THE LEVEL HELL IS SHUKAKU IN ALL OF THE FIGHTING??!?!?

The other Bijuu have showed up but not Shukaku, why? Lack of Jinchuuriki?

If I remember correctly, the Bijuu that were fighting against Bee and Naruto were originally the resurrected Jinchuuriki, who were turned into Tobi's "Six Paths" and then went into Tailed Mode. Shukaku wasn't among their number because Gaara is still alive.