What Do You Like About Anime?

Azerty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer Anime over north american cartoons for the simple fact that animes have a story line that makes it so you not only have to but want to watch every episode as oppose to american cartoons and kid shows that you can miss a few and still not miss anything imporant. I don't mean to upset anyone but what is the deal with Power Rangers? It's the same thing over and over again just different costumes and a different name. Sorry to go off topic as Power Rangers is not an anime but, it's just an example of how storyless american stuff can be.

I prefer Anime over north american cartoons for the simple fact that animes have a story line that makes it so you not only have to but want to watch every episode as oppose to american cartoons and kid shows that you can miss a few and still not miss anything imporant. I don't mean to upset anyone but what is the deal with Power Rangers? It's the same thing over and over again just different costumes and a different name. Sorry to go off topic as Power Rangers is not an anime but, it's just an example of how storyless american stuff can be.

Anime are indeed much better than cartoons on a story telling level. That is another reason why I love animes, they go that extra mile in story telling and other such things like action, romance etc. I still don't mind cartoons just not on the level I like animes.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that the creators of anime take the medium more sereasly makeing anime more artistic or profound.  The diffrence in culture that brought an exotc type of show to light.  Breaking these two things down and you get my answer.  At the time it was 1991, I was tired of shows like tmnt or reruns of scooby doo.  Adult swim didn't exist yet and I didn't know about toonami yet.  Out of know were 2 am scifi late night block, two animes popped up to promote there saturday anime block.  Green legand ran and Fatal fury the anime "milk" .   I missed the first half of Green legand ran saw the end and said "oh wow, I gotta see more" and that was that. 

Edited by shadowtheman

• 2 weeks later...

I like the difference in plot compared to shows that are on TV here. I feel like I can sit down and watch an anime and see something I haven't seen before. Or if it is similar to something else it is done in an interesting and different way. When I sit down to watch TV here the shows always seem like something I've seen before. That or they're some reality show that just lacks in every way.

The art is also intriguing and I like to see all the different styles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Being able to watch enormous fight scenes, complex story telling, giant robot battles, and ridiculous amounts of blood all at a fraction of the production cost all because it's animation. Also it seems no one censors the Japanese on what they can and can't produce in anime which gives some anime's this dark, gritty, almost to real for words feel to some series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the cute girls of course! - but seriously imho cartoons are either for kids, or they are vulgar - adult cartoons are raw and to varying degrees vulgar. Anime on the other hand spans many genres, and there is always an anime for whatever your mood

• 2 weeks later...