What Do You Like About Anime?

Azerty

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely for the pacing! There can be entire episodes where almost nothing happens but its done so effectively that you don't mind at all. Most cartoons have to have action in every single episode because they have no plot and action is the only reason the audience watches the show.

You can have an entire episode with some minor characters sitting in a room discussing things that seem unrelated only to find out that it is quite important to the story. Same could be said of the background art or other subtle things.

And of course the art itself which is usually lush and colorful! :D

What I like is the fact that there isn't anything quite like it in North America. When I first started watching anime, and probably the reason I was so drawn to it, was the fact that it was all so NEW to me. Eventually though, when the novelty wore down, I started liking anime for reasons like the artwork and pacing. And if there's a good story, that's always a huge bonus.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really sure how I actually fallen into this never ending hunger for anime, but at first I only watched anime because I got really bored over my summer holiday then after watching an AMV this is where it all changed for me, the plot, the characters, the music, (Onegai Teacher) it made me laughed, it made me cried, it shocked me, it surprized me, it made me happy, it made me depressed, it made me felt joy ^_^ anime is just wonderful, it takes you to a whole new world! especially if you watch it at night in the dark in your bed under your quilt with headphones on watching it on your laptop or ipod, iphone or even ipad :] thats how I watch my anime! does anyone esle watch anime like this? or similar? i always wondered!

For me, anime is more interesting than watching a television show. Anime has a better plot line, a better character depth in my opinion. I prefer anime because it can be all those things a television show with real people in it can't be. You can have totally out of the ordinary things happen, but with real actors there are limits.

But that's just my opinion :)

This will mirror what alot have said before.

First is definitely storyline, for the most part I could never really stand episodic shows. Anime (most of the time) actually has consistent, developing plot lines; something is accomplished/achieved/discovered etc. in the end, and you get to see the adventure getting there along the way.

Second is definitely characters, then there's:

-Artwork

-Expressions

-They way comedy is done

-Variety

-Mobile Suits of course ;)

Ok, and I'll admit to a small extent fan service...

• 1 month later...

is like a cartoon, but better, people look more like people and they have good plots (mostly) instead of random episodes, and since is just animation it can be filled with whatever you want, giving it endless possibilities…

I love the fact that they are more adult-oriented with more mature themes, and I also love the music, and well… I think you get my point. Once you start, you can't help it, you just watch more…