New max signature size.

Koby

I've checked various pages of the forum, testing sizes to make sure signatures wouldn't break the table widths etc even in private messages and such and have decided to change the max signature size.

New size is:

600x220 pixels

If you have a problem with this, please address any complaints or whatever here. I think 220 is more than tall enough because I for one hate having to see one liner posts with signatures that take up almost the full page for example. So I think there should be a limit on how tall a signature can get. I realize some signatures are based on height instead of width, unfortunately the image resizer cannot judge which it should resize or not. So if it reaches higher in one of the spots it will auto resize it.

If you have a signature that you feel should be allowed, then come to us and we'll let you know if it's alright. A simply solution to bypass it once allowed would be to follow in suit with Trendsettah and split your signature into two parts.

SOTW rules have been adjusted to this as well.

Uhm, for SOTW, can we make our sigs taller? I just kniw that some people, including me, sometimes like taller sigs. I'm just asking to clarify if we can make tall sigs for SOTW, but just not use it as our personal signature.

There could be some exceptions to the rule to allow people to be creative.

But most of the 'big stuff' submitted to SOTW I honestly do not consider sigs. It's it's going to be tall, and just as wide as it is tall (usually over 400x400) it's usually coined as a 'splash' image. Something like 220x400 though could still be allowed as a signature, but it might need to be split so it won't be resize if you plan to use it.

So is splitting a sig into two parts still allowed? just wondering

Bypassing the image resize will only be allowed if we get the user permission to do so on a sig by sig basis. Your current signature is fine. Again, I just don't want to see page long signatures taking up all the space causing everyone to have to scroll over short posts with massive signatures.

I know this might be kind of obvous, but is I would just like to make sure, is it possible to create a gif file for our signiture?

As long as it isn't something extremely huge in filesize. Don't want dial-up users being unable to load pages, and yes dial-up users still exist. Even in the United States there are areas that are unable to get DSL. Most people I talked to were unaware of this. If you live more than 7 miles outside of a City Limits it's likely dial-up or high dollar satellite are the only options.