Favorite Genre [Anime]

Chaos92

I know everybody here has their favorite anime but what kind of genre of anime really draws you into watching it? Action, Adventure, Romance, Comedy, etc? I know that when I watch an anime series it has to have a good storyline but other than that I preferably choose more of an anime that has a good amount of fighting and I like a little comedy but not when it goes so far as to make it where there is nothing but stupidity going on, that's borderline cartoonish like family guy and stuff.

So what about everybody else what's your preference when you want to watch an anime?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a vast array of genre's in Anime.. but the ones that tend to be my favorites are the ones that give the characters emotions or make you feel something from watching them.

With that said... I think that drama or romance Anime's when done right bring more emotion to the table and draws you into more so than others.

I have to agree with Koby; I really like when characters in anime have emotion and make you feel something for them.

That said, I usually watch more action based stuff, but usually when the main character is placed in very hard situations doesn't really seem to be in control all the time.

• 1 year later...

Action,Comedy,Drama,Supernatural,Samurai/Martial Arts/Ninja/mixed in with a touch of romance (but not sappy .. and dont like animes with school children .. srsly 12 yr olds with skimpy skirts and double f boobs.. SRSLY? Its like the animators are pedos its creepy and gross)

I also love animes with wit to them..

Mecha first, but it has to have a good plot/characters too, like Gundam SEED or 00

Not a fan of samurai, swords, or supernatural stuff, there's a couple of exceptions.

Really enjoy a little romance and lots of comedy when its mixed into the show (ex: Kekkaishi , TTGL, some moments in FMA), but not as stand alone genre.