Why do you watch anime?

allnall93

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone that watches anime would watch it for the same reasons. Mainly for entertainment, escaping life even just for a 24 minute period/episode, or even to experience things that aren't possible in real life. Not really something to look into, all answers would generally be the same.

it dares to go where normal TV doesn't.

Also I find it less depressing than normal television. After watching anime I find it very hard to enjoy any non-animated entertainment other than films (or if it has zombies I'll watch that too) as all they seem to do is show us what we already know. aka life is shit, and filmed most of the time through a grey filter.

I watch anime because I like animated shows. I watch other animated and non-anime shows for the same reason they're entertaining.

I enjoy watching The Simpsons, Futurama, and King of the Hill just as much as Tenchi, Ranma, and Case Close. They all have great, okay, and not so good episodes, and they each give me something different.

I don't watch anime simply because it's Japanese, but these shows do offer something different than almost anything that ever made elsewhere.

I guess most people just love it for what it is: amazing cartoon like no other. It basically resembles how much it is like real life. I am drawn to anime because I just think about how much effort goes into the art, the anime itself and the storyline.