Why do you watch anime?

allnall93

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story pretty much

I love a lot of US/non Japanese animated shows too but it's all either kids stuff, super heros or toilet humor and very few of them have running plots. Nothing wrong with any of the above but I was drawn to anime because there's a wider range of genres covered with fleshed out stories that progress from 1 ep to the next

I love how valiant characters are, my favorite part of anime is seeing the good so unyielding. Kinda instills a bit of hope in me that maybe there really are people like that really ... so determined to do the right thing no matter what adversity they must face, simply because it is the right thing to do.

Mainly two reasons:

Like many others have said Anime (most of the time) has an actual story, not just a collection of random episodes that go on until the show is canceled. I have always enjoyed stuff way more when it had a underlying plot or story to tell.

Second reason is definitely the characters.

Now that I think about it, The humor/funny moments are a real draw too, esp. when its mixed in with the show like in FMA and Kekkaishi.

- Okay three main reasons I guess :)

• 4 weeks later...

That's gonna be the hardest question I'll ever have to answer! :P Well,I think it's because I'm kind of sick and tired of the boring world I'm living in (Just like Suzumiya Haruhi sayd ^^).In anime,there's much more fantasy than in cartoons,and it can really get u to think "Man,I wanna be there!I wanna live their lives" o.O I would even like to live C.C's life,not because she can't die,but because even her undying life is more interesting than mine... -.-