Why do you watch anime?

allnall93

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I really like the character development and in-depth story-telling. I don't like a lot of regular cartoons, and I like a few live-action tv shows. Movies are my main passion, but I still have to say, from what I've seen so far (and so far I've only seen Naruto and like the first three episodes of Bleach), I've never seen anything come close to what anime accomplishes. The story-lines draw you in, and you can't help but watch the show all the way through, because you're always wondering what's going to happen next. Anyway, a year ago I wouldn't have said all of this because a year ago I didn't watch anime and I thought it was stupid. Boy was I misinformed.

I watch anime for the hott anime chicks :3 Like Cloud and Vincent theyre so hott!! And kick ass (But those are some strange names for chicks O____o Poor ladies) Oh Yeah!! That girl from Whats it called Ful Musical Audition or something like that (Cant remeber excatly) her name was Edward Shes cute too..... (I geuss its popular for animes to have boyish names for the women) :greedy::beauty:

:haha:Because it teaches you things.

Examples:I have recently been taking environmental science, and we had a random question about how many mass extinctions the world had gone through. The day before I just finished watching This Ugly Yet Beautiful World that mentioned that there were 5. I was the only one to get the answer correct.

Noein taught me the basics of trans-dimentional theory.

The reasons I watch anime are actually pretty simple. The fact of the matter is some of the most original ideas and unique and creative plots I've ever experienced have been from anime/manga series. Code Geass, FMA Brotherhood and Gundam 00 are all benchmarks for me in storytelling, character development and creativity. The second reason is that characters in anime such as Bleach, Hellsing, Gantz, and Darker Than Black have a certain style and finesse to the action that is just not there in Western movies or animation. Some fights look so bad-ass that you really have to hand it to the Japanese for their dramatic flare.

The reasons I watch anime are actually pretty simple. The fact of the matter is some of the most original ideas and unique and creative plots I've ever experienced have been from anime/manga series. Code Geass, FMA Brotherhood and Gundam 00 are all benchmarks for me in storytelling, character development and creativity. The second reason is that characters in anime such as Bleach, Hellsing, Gantz, and Darker Than Black have a certain style and finesse to the action that is just not there in Western movies or animation. Some fights look so bad-ass that you really have to hand it to the Japanese for their dramatic flare.

Pretty much what ^ said. The stories and characters are unique and many are quite moving. I find anime to be better than movies in all honesty. More entertaining and usually doesnt feel rushed (except some 13 ep animes that end making you think wtf happened here).

Examples of really epic anime is code geass, darker than black, death note, FMA, Elfin Lied. The list goes on. If you have good animation and a good story the only bad acting possibilities is the voice actors. Like lets use Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) - great story, good animation for its time - terrible voice actors (with exception of a few). My point is that the really good ones have had a lot more effort and time put into it, hence the fact it has my loyalty. Hopefully this made sense.

I love to watch anime because each anime is a new story. Animes can do thing real shows cannot, not to mentioon the amount of fan service some of them supply hahaha. But on a more serious note I have been watching animes most of my life (Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Zoids) And only recently (as in 2 years recently) have I gotten an obsession with it. I don't think ill ever stop watching it even though some of my freinds think im lame for it. But a few of my other mates believe anime is wicked!!!