Why do you watch anime?

allnall93

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch it because it has a certain flavor to it, the ability to show emotions in characters in a way that would be nearly impossible in any other style. The story line of most animes also keep me entertained, and the action ones give me my derring-do fix. :D They also help me with my ability to develop characters and unique ideas in my writing; I'm exposed to more, therefore I can draw on a greater pool of knowledge.

I watch anime because it's one of a kind. You really can't find anything quite like anime, as far as the story, characters, music and so on. Western cartoons are trying to copy some elements from anime but it still isn't what anime is. Also the main draw for me is the fight scenes, or action battles they are so unqiue and one word to describe them would be:amazing: Ever since I seen DBZ I've been a fan of anime because there's really nothing like it.

Well for me I used to watch DBZ and I really loved it but after soo many years I forgot about anime. When I was walking into some shop I saw DBZ series displayed on the shelves and it brought back memories to me. When I got home I started looking up soundtracks of it and even bits and pieces of some scenes then I ended up getting back into anime, mainly because I enjoyed the comedy in them lol

The way some comedy is done compared to most american tv shows or movies, the fact that it's easier to defy the laws of physics in animation compared to live action, the way they handle tv series over there is a bit more my style (letting a popular series rest in peace after being finished). There is also the fact that you can't exactly get reality shows in there which is without a doubt the predominant tv show style over here which is just stifling imo.

Because anime allows someone to tell a story but through a different media than we're all used to. Anime doesn't have the restrictions of live action movies, western cartoons or even computer generation for that matter. Its freedom to tell a story in whatever way they may like, even switching the style of the drawings from one scene to the next is one of the things I like best.

It's pretty simple actually. I don't know if it's just me, but I get the feeling that western scriptwriters have run out of imagination. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of Hollywood films and western series, but I just think that most manga (and anime) have very complex and fun stories to tell..

• 4 weeks later...

anime unlike normal cartoons gives you the rush of feelings you dont normally get without the revulsion of live tv shows and movies that are designed to provoke the same feelings .

to many tv shows pomote a violent and disturbing look at the world around us unlike anime which shows us the same things but from a perspective that allows us to comprehend it without the shock value most tv shows aim for