characters that bother you

L

by bother, I mean agitate, annoy, really get your pot boiling, etc., etc.

At the top of my list is Norma Beatty, from Tales of Legendia. I used to think characters couldn't get any more retarded and annoying than Luke from Tales of the Abyss, but that was before I played the mountain of crap, which is known as Tales of Legendia.

Norma is an annoying twit, and she's not very intelligent. All she ever does is cause trouble for the party and whine. Seriously, if they remade the game and the only feature added to it was that I got to shoot Norma to death with a nailgun, I'd buy it. wacky.gif

Jay from Tales of Legendia is an idiot, a punk, and an angry kid that can't get laid. He's really got to be one of the most annoying characters ever made. Usually when a character is insulting, they've actually got enough wit to make you chuckle, whereas opposed to Jay, he has none.

His insults are mainly aimed towards the only good character of the game and are nothing less than witty, childish, and probably some of the oldest relics among insults. Eventually, it grows tiring, and leaves him his robot value of his character from that game's cast of characters.

Luke from Tales of the Abyss is also quite annoying, and recommended to take in small doses. Especially when you discover the Tower of Rem. In the beginning, he's just annoying(yet somewhat hilarious at the same time) but after the destruction of a location in the game that was all his fault, he gets a little emo, which is disgusting.

It doesn't show immediately, but nearing the Tower of Rem, he begins thinking that if he dies, the world will be saved. So in a nutshell, he climbs to the top of the tower, has a confrontation with his original, and a big beam of light kills a lot of replicas and shortens both his and his original's lives. After an examination, the doctor tells Luke that he doesn't have long to live, but he tries to shrug it off and lie to everyone. A few of his friends find out about it, and there are even more emo scenes about him crying about wanting his last moments in life to be happy ones.

But what's even more annoying about it, is that he just automatically shakes his emofit when his Original dies and becomes a completely different character.

For now, that's all I've got. Does anyone else have any characters they'd like to mention that bother them?

xD =P I don't have time to write a whole lot about why, but I really couldn't stand Joachim from Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Frank from Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

They were just plain annoying, Joachim kept changing forms and most of them were crap and he had goofy weapons. Frank was just a plain idiot wanna be ninja who would use anything he found for a weapon... such as an old used firework. How does a cardboard firework cut people/monsters with a sword? :/

Huh... I am not so far gone as to actually be emotionally bothered by a fictional character in a video game, but I do greatly dislike a large number of the characters from the Halo games because the actors did a horrible job, and their scripts were horrible. (If one could call such crap games).

Hmm, I do not much like Tidus from Final Fantasy 10. I just really do not like him... not sure of the reason.

Usually though I just dislike the antagonists...

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

The one person I hate the most more than any character in any game is Piros the Third from the .hack// Franchise of all the characters in the game he is always the most annoying so bad I purposely leave him low leveled and make him die by monsters as much as possible.

Reasons why I hate him-He has a annoying VA in any game,He always looks like a retard in gaudy armor thats normally a Gold or Green with a bowlstyle haircut,He talks constantly and never shuts up,He talks in the most annoying way,He constantly talks about not being a graphic designer for "The World" But its painfully obvious that hes lieing,He pushes people into very awkward situations.

To put it mildly I wish of all the characters that fall into comas in the .hack// Franchise Piros should be on the top of that list!

• 1 month later...
The woman (Lucrecia) had an affair with his dad?

Did she really?! I never picked up on that...thought it was more hero-worship...but then my thoughts are as follows:

Everyone in FFXIII...just so much annoyance it's not even worth listing the issues I had with them.

All the retcon characters in FFVII from Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus (then again, the games were so lame it's not even worth my time acknowledging them)

Reimi from Star Ocean 4...actually, throw in most of the main female cast (except Lymle), Edge and Faize...I had issues with all of them. They started out alright, until they hit a rut and/or did something totally out of character (as in from left field)

The World Tournament announcer guy from Dragonball Z Budokai 1-3.

Bass from the DOA fighting series.

The chef guy(can't remember his name) from Jade Empire.

The infamous adoring fan from TES IV:Oblivion

Pit from Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog series

The Final Fantasy games are riddled with bad characters. I have been playing RPGs for well over 10 years and have never understood why people moan about emo characters in them. That was until Hope came along in FF13. Seriously, he is the most mardy piece of badly designed triangles I've even had the displeasure of being forced to play as.

When I read Alexander was coming back as a summon I was ecstatic (who doesn't remember that scene from FF9!) I then found out through playing that Hope gets him. I literally defeated on the disc right there. Kidding of course but that ruined even more what was already a rubbish Final Fantasy game.

Add Vanille to the list as well. Seriously, stop being happy all the time! I reckon if she was getting brutally beaten by the rest of the party she'd still be saying "that's great, now we're working as a team" or some other such bull in her crap accent.

The rest are just averagely shit but that's only the recent FF. DragonQuest, Star Ocean, Tales, all series have their bad characters but, for me, Final Fantasy has a much higher ratio.

• 1 year later...

The minute any character from any final fantasy game starts talking, they immediately become intolerably annoying. Other than that, most child and young adult characters have their really annoying moments where you want to give them a swift kick to the genitals and bash their head against the nearest wall.