Harry Potter : The Anime ...

Nero D. Ace

Not really a serious discussion but a Harry Potter fangirl cousin of mine sent me this pic on FB and I really found it hilarious at first but then it seemed like a cool idea.

22620311555706186199410.jpg

Sure there's a high probability that the pic is a fake (I mean, Ginny Weasley is practically ripped off from Orihime of Bleach) but I'd really like to see a Japanese anime version of Harry Potter.

Your opinions?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can actually see potential in something like this...

i mean think about it...harry potter has a dark undervibe near the end of the book series...and who does dark better than anime. There is no limitations for anime as well. I can just see people getting limbs blown off by expelliarmus spells (EPIC WIN!!) and the kerdava spell thingy blowing people's hearts and heads off....ooooo the possiblilties.

If they made it, i'd definately watch it...^^

One thing tho...where is Voldemort?

PS. Luna is loli.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Hmm, Voldemort is the only one I'm having trouble visualizing in anime form. On the rest of it, it would be pretty amazing to see what they did with the spells, like "Ultimate Technique! Adava Kedavra!" with some cool wand gestures.

The thing I liked about the pic most was how the personalities were so aptly reflected in Shounen style - James with the slightly arrogant look alongside Sirius and Remus as the "good kid" of the group. Even Lily's character style fits perfectly in it.

Malfoy, Snape and Regulus with their refined but evil look, it's just perfect.

So yeah, there's a lot of potential in this kind of thing.

It would have the potential to be good but Japan would screw it over like they do most of their Adaptions from other countries. They'd take important scenes and splice them together leaving out the rest and it will just seem like everything is missing like it does in the Supernatural Anime.

It would have the potential to be good but Japan would screw it over like they do most of their Adaptions from other countries. They'd take important scenes and splice them together leaving out the rest and it will just seem like everything is missing like it does in the Supernatural Anime.

yes, but the thing with Supernatural was that they took 44-40 minute episodes and put them in 22-20 minute episodes.

Harry Potter, being a book wouldn't have to follow that route and they can take their time with it as well. Like Rune said, Japan makes really good dark stories and the darker parts of Harry Potter viz. 4-7 were the best of them all.

this definitely has potential and i do think they can make it better than the movies which IMO didn't do the books full justice. I hope if there is an anime adaptation, CLAMP does the characters. I just think that the art style used for code geass would suit harry potter.

I rather have the Gainax or whoever design the characters of Neon Genesis Evangelion does the characters and CLAMP does the storyline.

However, there is already an anime equivalent for Harry Potter. The Naruto and Naruto Shippudden series, (their using ninjutsu instead of Magic) with the same villain obsess with immortality and affinity with snakes(Orochimaru/Voldermort)and the same orphaned hero(Naruto Uzumaki/Harry Potter)

But if you like anime that revolve around magic and castlelike dormitories try The Familliar of Zero:happy:

• 3 weeks later...
Not really a serious discussion but a Harry Potter fangirl cousin of mine sent me this pic on FB and I really found it hilarious at first but then it seemed like a cool idea.

22620311555706186199410.jpg

Sure there's a high probability that the pic is a fake (I mean, Ginny Weasley is practically ripped off from Orihime of Bleach) but I'd really like to see a Japanese anime version of Harry Potter.

Your opinions?

sigh I am too lazy to read all the comments inbetween so sorry if i sound like i am repeating someone else.

---------------------

Anyways....hmmmm are you sure that picture isn't just a harry potter fan drawing the characters in an anime form? I have seen something similar before but instead they made the characters of twilight into anime characters..... I find it quite interesting though... I think the anime harry potter characters look so cool (my opinion)

It becoming an anime? ... Well ,I heard that Japan made their own version of the powerpuff girls ...sooooooo ANYTHING is possible XD

uhm yeah but may be it would be really good! plus it would appeal to a new market of people (anime manga junkies / addicts)

I think i would probably watch it to see what they do with it (if you know what I mean?)

Now that i think about Harry potter and becoming an anime it reminds me of something. I remember reading somewhere that Masashi Kishimoto almost wrote a manga similar to the harry potter concept (whew thank goodness he scrapped the idea - I love naruto tooooooo much XD) ....but I wonder if he did write it if it would of been any good? oh well ....

:byebye: