Harry Potter : The Anime ...

Nero D. Ace

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw the title I thought "No!!!" but then I saw the picture. I guess anime style characters must just always look appealing to me, but the older characters like remus look too young in that picture, and snape is really short!

Still I think it would definitely be a bit strange

If they did do an anime for Harry Potter, and I think it's a long shot, I'd put money on it centering on Harry's parents and their friends/enemies/frenemies as students. There's a huge fan base for that sort of thing and most of the diehard fans are incredibly fanatical about the idea of getting a hold of the character's back stories.

Furthermore there's only biography written, no actual narrative so it's a wide open canvas to work with. There wouldn't be any need to do adaptation, they could simply take the existing character development and run with it.

start it in james time and end it with harry kids growing up :D that way you get to see it from when darkness is growing (james time at school) to where the first war starts and ends with season two being after harry beats voldy as a baby

then make season two harry growing up and going to hogwarts and beating voldy again and finally) third and final season seeing how everyone recovers and watching harry and friends kids growing up O:

would be awesome :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be cool to see what they could do with an already rich universe. Maybe even see some of the subplots that were sorely missing in the movies. They wouldn't have to rush like the big companies did and squeeze 600+ pages into two hours.

I really doubt that it would happen at this point in time, but maybe somewhere in the future it could happen. My question is what kind of production and form it would take. Would it be feature films, a 26 episode series, a series of OVAs? These kind of things are important to predict the quality of the work as well as the amount left in. I can even see this like a long-running shonen series that follows each book faithfully in it's own amount of episodes.

I saw the topic and thought no way in hell!!!! But after seeing that picture in the first post I thought "Well hang on this could work!" I didn't really like the idea at first but harry potter in anime style could give the story a new look and a new way of experiencing the Harry Potter world!

I believe that this would be a great idea now!