Favorite RPG?

Nutz

I particularly love the DragonQuest games. When I first started branching off from Final Fantasy, the DragonQuest games were such a refreshing change of pace because they take themselves far less seriously. They are not the best series by any means but I have so many happy memories of playing them that they'll always be my favourite.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's dragon age:Origins without any doubt. Perfect storyline, great relationship between characters, etc. graphics weren't that much appealing though, but graphic is the last thing you want from a classic RPG of this quality. I wouldn't go for dragon age 2 because it was a bit disappointing compared to Origins.

RPGs have always been my fave game genre right back when the Ultima games were released on the old Apple IIe - showing my age here!!

I think FF8 was what got me hooked on the FF series and especially the older ones remain faves and FF7 is one of my favourite games even now.

But more recently i'd have to say pretty much anything with the Shin Megami Tensei tag (lucifers call, digital devial saga) and of course all the Persona games since they were re-released for the psp - i've caught up on some great games i missed in my youth :)

For the PC Neverwinter nights is one I frequently pick up again and i loved the Witcher 1 and 2!

My husband has Skyrim but as we've just had a baby i doubt i'll have time for more than watching him play for a bit here and there but it certainly looks awesome from what little i've seen him play since it unlocked today!

It's pretty hard to pick just one, but if I truly had to, the Suikoden series would take the cake for me. They always have great connecting stories, particularly so when it comes to History and whatnot. This topic's creator pretty much summed it up good enough for me. Aside from Suikoden, some of the main competitors for me are listed below in no particular order.

~ Final Fantasy series

~ Dragon Quest series

~ Breath of Fire series

~ Tales of... series

~ Fire Emblem series

~ Wild ARMs series

~ Lunar series

~ Shining Force series