Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days) Discussion

Riku

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

KHHD15R-JP-Box-Art.jpg

Thought id share this as it is now only 30USD ... one of the best games ive played

Game description:

Revisit the very beginning of the Kingdom Hearts series. Join Sora once again and fly toward the Disney fairy tales. Search for the princesses, break the spell and experience everything that is magical and wonderful. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix brings the games to the HD screen, so that everything sparkles.

The games included in this collection are Kingdom Hearts, Chains of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. The games are based on the Final Mix Editions, they are upgraded to support trophies and added contents. The games will also include Japanese audio tracks. 358/2 Days will be turned into a movie so gamers can sit back and enjoy the visuals.

Release Date Sep 10, 2013 Genre RPG Version  US   ESRB Everyone 10
Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes. PAX-Code PAX0004891308 Catalog No. BLUS-31212 Item Code 662248913315 Players 1
Box contents

• Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories
  • The visuals from 358/2 Days

Get it here:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX | Buy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (US Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Edited by core101

Why would someone import it?

Probably for the Japanese voices, I don't think the U.S. version is dual audio.

I tend to put most my games on mute with SUBs on, so...I didn't think about that.

I'm usually playing a game while I watch a show or listening to an audio book.

XD

Why would someone import it?

Probably for the Japanese voices, I don't think the U.S. version is dual audio.

I tend to put most my games on mute with SUBs on, so...I didn't think about that.

I'm usually playing a game while I watch a show or listening to an audio book.

XD

That's crazy...I always give my video games full attention (volume turned up etc). If I want to watch a show, I save my progress and quit the game, simple as that for me (the same vice-versa).

That's crazy...I always give my video games full attention (volume turned up etc). If I want to watch a show, I save my progress and quit the game, simple as that for me (the same vice-versa).

I tend to pause the show when the story points come, but beyond that?

Meh, I like to multitask.

Started it while I used to play 4X & RTS games heavily.

Edited by Tanis

• 4 weeks later...

you know there was much hype on the game

one day i finally caved and got the one on psp for free because i wasnt paying for that shizz

i could not stand it for crap dude like omg its a total emo diary or something

years later i try the 3ds demo of it,gameplay was cool,as was scenerey-but as you said....its just so gay like literally not evven derogatory.

but eh if people like it people like-ill never understand why its apparently so famous same as ill never understand cod fame.

but if it makes people happy thats good.

people went crazy when the new one was announced at e3

After playing the HD remix, I'd be inclined to agree with this assessment. The plot is one giant black hole of contradictions, cliches and pointless diversions - even by Square's/Soft's/Enix's usual standards - and not particularly engrossing anyway, the battle system is more than a little underwhelming even for its time and, for a game crawling with fantastic characters, they're surprisingly bland...I mean, where's the singing? The witty one-liners that make you smile whilst you inwardly cringe at how horrific they are? Where is the Disney soul? It should be like a video game version of House of Mouse with added Final Fantasy characters, and instead it's more like the sort of thing an eight-year-old might post on FF.net.

...that said, I came into Kingdom Hearts extremely late - my only contact with the series before the HD remix was the first DS game, which I played for about two hours before putting it down in annoyance and ultimately selling it - so perhaps my perspective is a tad unreliable...after all, games have gotten better since the first game, and whilst I have played a lot worse, I have played a lot better, too. So, rather than say it's a bad game, perhaps it'd be better to say it just hasn't withstood the test of time as well as people like to make out. I'll get 2.5HD when it comes out and see if the second one is any better, and because I've heard a lot of good things about Birth By Sleep (which, as a prequel, might be a better place to start) but...well, I'll not hold my breath.

:slowclap:

I very much agree.

KH is like FF7, over-hyped as hell.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite RPG game, same with Chrono Trigger.

I do enjoy the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts, just the other parts that i don't think so much about, its just there in a way.

:slowclap:

I very much agree.

KH is like FF7, over-hyped as hell.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite RPG game, same with Chrono Trigger.

I do enjoy the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts, just the other parts that i don't think so much about, its just there in a way.

FF7 was a MASSIVE letdown from the makers of FF6 and CT.

A 'they're all the same' battle system.

Boring, 2D characters, with no brains.

A horribly, and not in a good way, villain.

Storyline that was so tropes heavy, you'd swear someone watched a 90s anime and went 'lets steal this bit'.

etc/etc/etc.

Even the 'revolutionary graphics', weren't actually all that great.

after all the hype i played FF7

the battle theme?was amazing it iust is.

gameplay well its ur generic rpg gameplay really.

story eh not my cup of tea

i will also never understand why this one was so famous :/ maybe i played it too late maybe yu had to play it at the time of its release?like mario 64-kids nowadays dont understand the amazingness of it

FF7 was one of the first 'mainstream' JRPGs.

It came out when anime was REALLY starting to take off, thanks to Toonami and Studio Ghibli'.

Plus the PS1 was really the first disc based home console that the average person could buy.

I think those three things, plus nostalgia, have made FF7 this iconic game...that it really isn't.

Edited by Tanis

FFVII, like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Chrono Trigger and numerous others I could name, was revolutionary for its time. The important thing to remember here though is that "revolutionary" does not necessarily translate into "the best" or even "good" and nor does it mean that it hasn't been surpassed since. All it means is that it started a trend. Video games have evolved very little over the last few generations - the graphical leap between the PS1 and PS2 was significantly bigger than the leap between the PS2 and PS3, and the leap between the PS3 and PS4 is barely noticeable. With the focus on style over substance that has become the norm for these so-called AAA titles, and a distinct lack of new ideas, it's quite easy to see why people love these "overrated" games of old. But they came out in a totally different market, in a time when flashy graphics (or at least, 3D graphics) were new and exciting, and so many games that have come out after them have attempted to mimic their style...and thereby their success. Pretty much every 3D Zelda game that has followed OOT has been identical to it. Every JRPG since FFVII has been compared to it in some form. Why? Simply because they were the first to do it, and so little has changed since then; the modifications that have been made to the formula these games set out have been superficial at best.

Still, putting Kingdom Hearts up there with the likes of these trend-setters is going a little bit too far, I think. KH is a popular series, yes, but it hasn't had anywhere near as much influence on titles that have followed it since. It certainly hasn't set any standards. It just has a very large fanbase.

FF7 was a MASSIVE letdown from the makers of FF6 and CT.

A 'they're all the same' battle system.

Boring, 2D characters, with no brains.

A horribly, and not in a good way, villain.

Storyline that was so tropes heavy, you'd swear someone watched a 90s anime and went 'lets steal this bit'.

etc/etc/etc.

Even the 'revolutionary graphics', weren't actually all that great.

Final Fantasy 6 is the most boring game i've ever played. I think the only one who likes it are americans, but for some reason Chrono Trigger is very popular among my friends, but that game is great either way. FF6 was just JPEGs attacking me with Joker from Batman as the villain. Snored whenever i tried it, tried it again and i snored just as much.

I feel like that game was made for nerds in general.

The lego blocks in FF7 overhead view is awesome, adds to the charm. I can try it again and it does not disappoint. Really love the summonings :D

it's quite easy to see why people love these "overrated" games of old

I personally think the word overrated is overrated :P

Either someone likes something or they dont. But ey, whatever works.

I am NOT an Anime or Final Fantasy fan, but I am a disney fan so I did enjoy the series.  Although I started with the second one and when i went back to play the first, I hated the controls and Camera compared to the second.  All in all great games though in my opinion.

I think the 2nd Kingdom Hearts is the best they can get when it comes to gameplay. I liked the "Drive Form", but its been awhile since now. I consider retrying when i get PS2.

Edited by Kran91

• Koby changed the title to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days) Discussion