Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

I'm probably in the minority.

I only watch dubs. I can't stand the sound of the male Japanese speaking voice., it sound rough and gratting to my ears.

What can I say, I'm a native English speaker, I prefer my own language.

I love anime, however I'm NOT a Japan-Freak.

So why can I still watch Anime, well, to be blunt, because none of the characters look remotely Japanese, so when you put a dub on it, to me it fits.

In fact, out of the 100's of Anime I saw, I can't remember one that looked racially correct.

Dubbed for me.

Since you can't see the lips off-sync for anime/cartoons it's just a lot easier to watch it dubbed instead of constantly having to glance towards the bottom and read what is going on.

During my travels, in almost all the foreign countries that I've visited they watch USA animated products dubbed as well. 

I prefer Dub all the way, even if it's bad I still watch it... the main goal so you don't see the awfulness of the Anime is you don't look at their mouths (isn't that what you are referring mostly when it comes to bad Dub?), because yes, just that right there can be a downfall to an Anime you are watching. I may look at their mouths but as long as I don't think about it, I won't notice how bad it is.

Plus I prefer Dub because of how slow I read (lol), I mean I watch Naruto Shippuden in Subs because they only have it Dubbed only so far. But as I watch it in Sub on average it takes me 35 minutes per episode to watch, and the episodes are 20 minutes long... back and forth or pause so I can reread it.

I guess for me it depends on the quality of dubbing, I have been used to reading subs and I like the quality of voice actors/actresses in japan as it is one factor of determining how great an anime will be with how the emotions are presented. If a dub can atleast be of that quality, and that the lip sync are somewhat synchronized, then I can definitely go for a dub. 

Wow, quite a few people saying dubbed, colour me suprised.

Personally, I only watch dubs (bar Bleach and Naruto as I started them subbed first). What I dont understand about people that wont hear a word otherwise when it comes to only watching in the original language is that, for the most part, english dub voices sound pretty much the same as their Japanese counterparts, except they are speaking in English. Thus, if they sound pretty much the same, then why would you choose to have to read subtitles and miss some animation? It makes no sense to me at all.