931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watch with dubs, but also turn on full subtitles. I like to get the full experience lol. Not that I read all the subs intently, but I can glance at them for a different perspective. Although I prefer the dubs, I'll watch good shows in subs when there is no dub for it.

Sub-only fanatics that constantly shoot down dubs piss me off. Dubs aren't nearly as bad as some people seem to think. It's not that they're less emotional or whatever, it's that they're styled more to typical English behaviour, which tends to be less excitable. Constantly keeping my eyes on the subs instead of the anime sux, and the frequent pausing or rewinding for some material..... no thanx.

I don't generally have a preference. I love watching dub because I can focus watching the anime rather than trying to focus reading the subtitles. There have been plenty of times I have preferred the subs instead because the voices were much better suited to the characters of the English voices. I really just take what I can get, cause me of the animes I have are only in sub, and that be just fine with me. :)

I don't really mind watching dubs or subs (I guess that's why I try to download Dual-Audio).

I find the dubs are helpful when you want to watch an anime but also do other stuff at the same time, which is basically always for me :(

On the other hand, the english voice's are sometimes terrible that I prefer the subbed version :P

Always dubbed. Not because I'm to lazy to read instead.. just because I prefer not to have to if the choice is there. Whether the voice matches the character or not doesn't really matter either. Or rather, I find that even when I first start watching something and the initial voice/character match up is odd, after a little while it just gets normal. (: Dubbed is just more casual, at least for me.