[PSN] Breaking News

ウェンキ Leki

In case anyone here hasn't gotten a heads up or any information

on what really is going on. PSN has been hacked and compromised.

All your information will and might be possibly stolen and exploited.

Please take necessary precautions. Mainly if you had you credit card info

stored on your PSN.

For more Detailed information please take a look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOunb04GQ0&feature=feedu

Thank you.

-Leki

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang i was going to start a post for this, i guess i should of came here on the first day huh lol... ok well my stuff is safe and ive been following the story since day one, been reading all of sonys statements and a few other sites like G4tv.com info on whats going on, still no news on when we will see PSN back up but i hope it soon. also most of my info is safe, i didnt have a cc on my acc, and other info is just my address and name. i guess there at risk but what can you do with that?

I've never bought anything on PSN so I didn't have my CC# on file there either. I do have a PSN account though and I download free demos pretty often. However I haven't turned my PS3 on except the other day to watch a movie in several months. I just rarely play any game that isn't PSOBB anymore.

I heard about this. I don't have a Credit Card Number or anything on my PSN, either. I use PSN Cards instead, in order to buy from the PSN store.

Also, about the prosecution, Sony and Geohot made a compromise and Sony backed out of court, as far as I know. It is others that are causing this problem, rather than Geohot and his main followers. It still was actually a good thing that Sony tried suing in the beginning, or it could have lead to their downfall with more people pirating PS3 games than buying them, since many people don't really like PS3, though they would take advantage of it if they could. If they hadn't removed the Other OS Option, Geohot may never have hacked the PS3's root key and the problem never would have occurred in the first place.

To be honest this whole deal does not bug me, I get people are mad that their CC information may be in the hands of some hacker somewhere and sony took a week to tell everyone it was a breach into psn but as far as being pissed over the online being down for a week or two? People can get mad about that but its free online, I do not expect that it matters. I mean I bought the ps3 because i consider the games superior, if i wanted online I would have bought an xbox. So all in all I think this could have happened to any company easily and people would be pissed either way. Even if it was told to everyone when the breach first had happened what could you truly do about it? Not much at all. Anyways until psn is back up I will play games like true gamers used to, OFFLINE.

To be honest this whole deal does not bug me, I get people are mad that their CC information may be in the hands of some hacker somewhere and sony took a week to tell everyone it was a breach into psn but as far as being pissed over the online being down for a week or two? People can get mad about that but its free online, I do not expect that it matters. I mean I bought the ps3 because i consider the games superior, if i wanted online I would have bought an xbox. So all in all I think this could have happened to any company easily and people would be pissed either way. Even if it was told to everyone when the breach first had happened what could you truly do about it? Not much at all. Anyways until psn is back up I will play games like true gamers used to, OFFLINE.

I agree with you here. The only thing is Sony announced two days after that they had the intrusion and shutdown PSN, not a week.

I agree with you here. The only thing is Sony announced two days after that they had the intrusion and shutdown PSN, not a week.

It seemed longer than that. I am just tired of surfing the web and running across articles where people are just complaining and raging about it, I understand they are upset but complaining about it doesn't help anyone feel better.

Don't give bad rap on me, but when Sony went and weeded out a san-fransisco based hacker, they asked for that.

I don't really think it was that hacker, though. There was no real motive to do something that would cause this to happen. It would have had to be another hacker, that did it independently, even if the one that was caught before didn't want anyone to do it.