Saw

Koby

There are a lot of awful movies these days, but Saw is a winner. This is a psychological thriller at its best. A serial killer captures these unfortunate men and chains them up in a room, and they have to follow obscure clues from the killer if they want to survive. To make matters worse, the killer is after Dr. Gordon's family, so it also becomes a race against time for Adam and Lawrence.

The only face I recognized in this movie was Danny Glover from Predator 2 and the Lethal Weapon series of action movies. In this movie, he plays Detective David Tapp, who is out to avenge the death of his partner, Detective Steven Sing.

I've watched the 2nd movie as well. They make fun of Saw in Scary Movie 4. LOL

• 3 years later...

I never really wanted to watch the Saw movies, because I thought they'd be nothing but blood and gore. And I hate movies like that, because they usually have a bad/nonexistant storyline. But I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the first one on TV. The storyline was amazing, especially compared to most horror films that come out nowadays.

I've only seen the first three, but I watched them out of order so they didn't really make sense. I need to go back and watch those again. Of the ones I've seen, the first one is my favorite.

The only face I recognized in this movie was Danny Glover from Predator 2 and the Lethal Weapon series of action movies. In this movie, he plays Detective David Tapp, who is out to avenge the death of his partner, Detective Steven Sing.

You didn't recognize Carey Elwes? He played Lawrence, as well as Robin Hood from Men in Tights, and Wesley in The Princess Bride. Though he was a lot younger in those days. XD He's one of the reasons I watched Saw in the first place, because I wanted to see how he'd fare in a horror film.

• 2 weeks later...

the saw films aren't garbage.

they're actually pretty good. for one thing, the films are all connected in different ways. then, there's the mastermind "Jigsaw". even after

his death in saw 3, he greatly influenced the next 3 movies in his flashbacks

so far, i think saw 6 has the most blood and gore in it.

overall, i enjoyed these movies as you had to actually watch them at least twice to make sense out of anything.

• 3 months later...

The first three were amazing. It really provoked me into thinking if I could actually do some of those things to save my life.

But after the third one, the series went downhill very fast. Granted, I loved Saw V. There was just something about it that I found extremely appealing.

But Saw VI did disappoint. And I haven't had the chance to see Saw 3D, but I'm not expecting too much from it, either. The only reason I want to see it is so I know how it finally ends.

But one of the things that I do find impressive is how the storyline weaves in between the films. This is not a simple-plotted series. They took their time in forging a very complex, yet intriging story line to help explain the characters and their pasts.

And then there's the plot twists at the end. While I loved the twists in II, III, and V, nothing compares to the first Saw.

• 11 months later...
But after the third one, the series went downhill very fast. Granted, I loved Saw V. There was just something about it that I found extremely appealing.

And then there's the plot twists at the end. While I loved the twists in II, III, and V, nothing compares to the first Saw.

I agree with both of these opinions. The original and V are my favorites. There really was something about V that drew me in. Probably the twist at the end. But nothing trumps the original.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember much about the movies. I've seen bits and pieces of them through the years and I think I saw V in the theatre. They don't hold a lot of appeal for me because I'm pretty squeamish, but I can appreciate the story. I've cheated a bit and read the plotlines for them all to try to understand what's going on, so it's pretty cool they've put some effort into weaving a more intricate storyline.

But yeah, scary movies are usually too scary for me. I watch them with my hands over my eyes, haha.