Default or Custom?

Koby

Many of you here play the RPG's, along with a few other genres, and many of them give you the option to alter the main characters name, as well as others; in some cases they force you. Though do you do it? Or do you decide to keep the default names? I generally prefer to keep the default names. I'm not very good with creating interesting names, and it's always nice to see what the developers had originally intended. As far as the games which force you create your own, I usually just take a name from other RPG's, I usually end up using the name Kain.

Yeah I always use Defaults to avoid confusion when one person's talking about "Angelo" and you're talking about "TheStrifenator" when they are the same damn person argh lol

See! I am the same way. Keep the default names to avoid confusion. That would have made me even more confused.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually keep their name the same if it offers it. If not, I usually pick random names. Like in Secret of Mana, they force you to name the characters. The dude was always "Mana", the girl was always "Pearl", and the sprite was always "Sprite". ;D And in early Zelda games when they didn't tell you Link was Link, I named him Zelda. :P

Of course, now when I play the games that force you to name games, I don't pick retarded names. I never have a fall-back name--I just choose the first name that comes to mind, and that's usually Kumi.