Once again looking for staff.

Koby

URGENT

Need staff to update and maintain English-Dub Kingdom.

It's currently the most needed filled position. It's run using Wordpress so updating it is similar to posting on a forum. No coding skills needed.

You just need to be able to update once a week with the new dubbed episodes which can be copy/pasted from threads on the forum or perhaps even uploaded by yourself if needed.

URGENT

Need staff to update and maintain English-Dub Kingdom.

It's currently the most needed filled position. It's run using Wordpress so updating it is similar to posting on a forum. No coding skills needed.

You just need to be able to update once a week with the new dubbed episodes which can be copy/pasted from threads on the forum or perhaps even uploaded by yourself if needed.

I could help you with that, I've got a lot of free time and copying links doesn't sound that complicated lol.

Out of curiosity, I kind of would like to inquire what a Super Mod does as in terms of responsibilities. Is that just taking care of everything?

I only post now because I think it's a little irritating to find newly registered members posting in threads with the last "new" post dated months prior to their registration.

E.g. I was just about to post in a thread where the thread creator wanted the opinions of others about creating his own upload site, then I realized his quadruple post was last dated for 1:11:2011 at like 9:30pm or something for me - two months later, a new user with only five posts (or so) posted in a thread when it literally (and obviously) died two months prior. I kind of don't see the point in necro'ing a thread like that, especially when the thread creator probably doesn't visit these forums anymore considering they only had 12 posts.

I've only been a moderator for several gaming forums (Mostly forums for Private Ragnarok Servers) and I literally kept thread necro'ing to a minimum. (I see unnecessary posts in extremely old threads like the one I mentioned necroing... What's the point in posting random nonsense in a thread that is already fully discussed and left mostly just for viewing?)

Edit: My rant aside, I can see why some regulars may become angry at those just seeking to post five random "contributing" posts to the thread just to get access to the downloads. I feel like a moron when I post after a necro post.

ehhh actually there may be a spot open for you on the smod team and basically as a smod you moderate across the forum editing moving threads deleting threads and banning spammers i wouldnt mind promoting you but koby is the one who makes staff choices im just here to make his life easier =P

Sounds good, I thought Super Mods did something else on a totally different level. I mean I check the forums daily and post in some threads on a daily basis but I like to post in different threads as well so I can't help but notice "new post."

Then it just completely kills me when it's a new post from a newly registered member just posting randomly to get five posts for download access.

its fine but remember we cant be too zealous or it gets hard and they're pressured to actually spam ive let alot of post go that could be considered borderline just cuz i dont want them to outright spam or create and environ where they feel they have to leechers are gonna exist one way or another you cant control them

Too true I suppose, wouldn't hurt them to be a little more constructive though ya'know? D:

Blah~ Maybe I'm just being a bit too OCD about it; on the other hand its so much easier to discuss things when people are saying more than "Lol" or simple yes/no questions. =[

very true but then again thats why most of the regulars flock to the CB because they are articulate you cant expect a bunch of teen naruto idiots to go and be articulate when they foam at the mouth for thier series (ive seen more naruto spam then anything else) so just find people who are there for who they are and go from there sadly there arent as many good people as there used to be but were working on that

I suppose so huh. Oh well xP I wouldn't mind being a Smod myself but at least the CB is often filled with our regulars, that's probably enough for me D:

And what you said is also true - which is funny cause I generally don't game with my peers or anyone younger than me for the very same reason. Teenagers these days... degrading to my pride D:

While I'll continue to upload any new material I get the torrent section is something I can definitely contribute (and it could using some more postings). Most of the new material I post is from torrents. I can help monitor the request area and see if request can be filled by torrents floating around the net.

• 1 month later...