Facebook is taking over the world!!!

DEATHxxx50bmg

I hate shitbook. I only joined it so that people That know me that have no idea where I live or my number can get a hold of me. But All i ever get are event messages like cuddle a kitten day or some event going on in my town that I just don't care about.

Even my bf has one but he wasn't on it in like 6 years only to find his friend that killed himself added him as a friend years ago.

yes finally someone made this thread, anyway i do think facebook is taking over the world because everybody and their grandma has a facebook and there are some people that has there life wrapped around facebook its going to end up like that movie i robot or summer wars watch

Why is it that people will say stuff on Facebook and in their profiles that they would never say in person? Anything put on the Internet is there almost forever. What you say and write can come back to haunt you.

They're able to say it because they aren't facing the person they're talking to. When you're talking to a person directly, there is normally a bit of hesitation if, say, you're trying to tell them something important. You're afraid of their reaction, because it's immediate. When you post something in text, it's often not immediate and you don't have to see their reaction, only read it. It's most apparent in teenagers with low self esteem.

meh, I joined facebook just so I could add the girl whom I found attractive since my early childhood, since we haven't seen each other in years, I thought maybe we could get to be friends again, she accepted my request, I sent her one message saying I'm glad to hear from her again etc. Due to being really busy, I was hardly on facebook for a month and some weeks so I didn't get time to talk to her, I log on recently only to find she removed me as a friend... you'd think the fact that we are old friends might have had some effect on that decision but..nope....facebook is evil indeed.

I find Facebook to be okay for the average user...although it does suck that they own your soul when you add information to it...and that you can't delete your profile. It gets crazy (as it has for some of my 'friends') when you start adding strangers JUST to play some silly mini games or you use it to broadcast the innermost workings of your everyday life.

NEW STATUS UPDATES:

Jimmy (1:00 pm) - I went poop, was glorious.

Jimmy (1:12 pm) - Going out for a late lunch with my gf...WOOOOT!

Jimmy (1:31 pm) - *via facebook mobile* Here's a picture of our lunch! It's so yummy!

Jimmy (2:49 pm) - Sorry I haven't been available, had to go grocery shopping with my mom. :(

Jimmy (3:02 pm) - Feeling tired, will probably take a nap now. Heading out to the club tonight.

Jimmy (3:24 pm) - Ack! Couldn't sleep, had to take care of my sheep in Farmville!!! Send me purple hay bales to complete my collection!

etc.

Yeah I got a facebook account; do I use it? no. Well..................... I kind of, use it, but only to log into things that go, "sign up now, or if you have a facebook account sign in through that." otherwise I don't see facebook as being helpful in my life and that wont change either. If I want to talk to someone I use a phone or e-mail, lol. When did that become old fashion?

• 8 months later...

I like most people here only got a FB account so I could stay in touch with my friends because they are all to cheap to realize what a phone call is for. But in the end it is an easier way to keep in touch with them.

the worst thing bout facebook, is that they OWN any data you put on your profile

I figured this when I first joined FB and was in no hurry to use my real name for a few complicated reasons. I keep informing my idiot friends that these guys can go through your account whenever they feel like it and probably sell your information. Thats one of the reasons I asked my friends that if they take a picture of me with them they shouldn't tag me in the photo. So as long as these bastards don't have my real name or any sort of thing that could lead to me I could care less of what I say.