Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Guardians of the galaxy Vol 2.  I liked it more then when i saw the first as i did not know the characters well then but do now. The story went a bit crazy but that is to be expected with this setting. What i like about it is that it is still part of the MCU but it shows other planets and places you do not see in most of the other marvel films and shows. The upcoming Thor 3 does look similar to the feel of this though. So in the end GOTG2 was a visual roller coaster with good music used and the usual twists and turns you would expect from a big marvel movie.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neodeathgod said:

Guardians of the galaxy Vol 2.

I saw it as well last week! It was a marathon actually. Both vol 1 and 2 right after the other.

I thought the story was okay-ish. For the first hour or so it didn't feel like there was any threat or objective, which I kind of disliked. And yeah, Thor 3 looks awesome.

Small spoiler regarding the end-credits scenes of GotG Vol. 2:

Spoiler

So it appears one of the females that appeared in the end-credits of GotG Vol. 2 is actually the main villain in the upcoming Thor 3 movie. I guess that explains why the trailer has those GotG Vol. 2 vibes. 

Yesterday saw Alien Covenant. I liked it but there were things that did not sit well with me. Most of the crew were bland and it took a while for the Ripley like character (Daniels) to go into Ripley mode. Fastbender as David and Walter stole the show and when 

Spoiler

you find out his real intentions then things get dark. What really got to me was what he had done to Elisabeth Shaw. After the previous movie building her up for the next film they just have her killed off and in such a way. For plot i understand why they did it but i wanted this film to continue her story. Also the engineers are not in it much apart from a flashback when devious David the nutcase android kills them by dropping the black goo on them. I know that there will be at least 2 more films so i can wait to find out more about them. Also the twist at the end i saw coming but the ending sets up what will happen in the next film.

The film did have some tense gory scenes and felt like they were trying to please fans of Alien, Aliens and Prometheus. I still liked it enough to want to see it again when its out on blu ray and what cut scenes there will be.

Wonder Woman. The first live-action DC movie since The Dark Knight where I was excited to watch and left the theater satisfied. I don't care about beating a dead horse, but in comparison, I regret sitting through Dark Knight Rises, and the first 3 movies in the DCEU were a chore to sit through. It's about time Diana got her own time on the silver screen, and while I'm sure others will point out the flaws, this is the only entry in the DCEU that I enjoyed so far.

Still not having a lot of hope for Justice League, even though I understand why Zack Snyder stepped down from directing it recently and let Joss Whedon take the helm.

• Like 1