Subs VS. Animax-Asia Dubs

Nero D. Ace

Subs or Animax dubs?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Subs or Animax dubs?

I've watched some Animax Dubs and i liked them all they were no where near as bad as people make out they are and i would rather watch them instead of the series Subbed.

These are the ones i've seen or am watching:

Fairy Tail

Hayate Combat Butler

K-On

Slam Dunk

And Slam Dunk I prefered the Animax voices over the American Dub of the first 10 episodes.

• Like 1

We are the only site on the net where dubs beat subs in the polls.

When it comes to dubs vs. subs for me.. it depends on the series.

As far as Animax dubs? Eww.. never heard one that sounded even remotely good. Most sound like someones grandpa and grandmother were doing the translation and the dubbing. Awkward wordings, non-existent acting, etc..

Subs clearly win in this poll.

I've only heard the K-On! Animax dub and it was terrible. All the characters sounded the same and they translated Azunyan to Azumeow(I understood why, but it bugged me). I usually only watched subbed anime if there is no alternative available, but Animax as an alternative is the exception to that rule.

We are the only site on the net where dubs beat subs in the polls.

When it comes to dubs vs. subs for me.. it depends on the series.

As far as Animax dubs? Eww.. never heard one that sounded even remotely good. Most sound like someones grandpa and grandmother were doing the translation and the dubbing. Awkward wordings, non-existent acting, etc..

Subs clearly win in this poll.

true, i was surprised by how many people preferred dubs. they're good but some suck and a lot of subbed anime is epic.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen K-on! And the copy I watched sounded like someone recorded it with a Ghetto Blaster 5 feet from a TV... It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either... But I'd still prefer that too subs... I don't mind reading but I end up watching a section then re-watching them to catch the action or lack there of...