James Bond VS. Jason Bourne

Nero D. Ace

Okay, so Jimmy Bond was good a hundred years ago. Lately, all his stories have become repetitive, dry and boring.

Meanwhile, Jason Bourne has become a hit in the original trilogy book series (im not counting the crappy pieces of work by that lustvader guy) as well as in movies.

which of these two do you prefer? in my case, it's Bourne cuz in both the books and the movies, he plans things through to the end, prepares traps and counter-traps and doesn't ALWAYS succeed, thus showing that he is NOT a god.

For Bond, most of the time, he ends up getting captured, interrogated, rescue; then he frees some bimbo and together they stop some world-domination plan, filled with car chases and gunfire.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bourne, of course. I would, however like to add that the two cannot be so easily compared:

- Bond » Is intended as a mockery of MI5/MI6, and the fall of the British Empire, and influence. Written by a former spy, Ian Fleming, he is everything a spy shouldn't be, he is meant to be an anecdote. In short, he wouldn't last a minute in the field. Apart from this, you've got to love all those great, if ridiculous, movies.

It also works as a whistle-blowing series...but that would lead us into a labyrinth...to long for this short post.

- Bourne » Is the real deal, not a spy, as many seem to believe, but an assassin for some of the "Company's" dark-opps sections, the secret Government is prevalent, specially in Ludlum's books. He is down-to-earth, well trained, efficient, discreet, the guy-next-door. He is a killing machine, but one you wouldn't recognize until it was too late...

Also a lot of whistle-blowing in this series. Now that Ludlum is dead, and it has become a "franchise", who knows where it could lead...

• 3 weeks later...

Bond may be the more popular of the two, seeing as how he has had many movies with tons of different actors but in all reality, Bourne is better. Bourne can take care of himself, thinks of plans and strategies (why couldn't Bond do that?) and so much more. There really is no comparison between the two...Lets just say, if they ever got into a fight, Bourne would win by a mile.

Bond is meant to be way over the top. But even Bond is not as over the top as Flint (Our Man Flint and In Like Flint played by James Coburn). Flint was meant to be a spoof of Bond. You are not meant to take Bond seriously. I mean he walks into a place and announces I am Bond, James Bond. You cannot take that seriously. I mean with women named Pussy Galore. Still, Oddjob is one bad dude with that derby.

Bourne on the other hand is an assassin. He can be your worse nightmare. You will not know what hit you. Bourne would bury Bond.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...