Victory, The Bill was Stopped, for now.

Koby

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted unanimously to send the Internet blacklist bill to the full Senate, but it was quickly stopped by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) who denounced it as "a bunker-buster cluster bomb" aimed at the Internet and pledged to "do everything I can to take the necessary steps to stop it from passing the U.S. Senate."

Wyden's opposition practically guarantees the bill is dead this year -- and next year the new Congress will have to reintroduce the bill and start all over again. But even that might not happen: Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Hollywood's own senator, told the committee that even she was uncomfortable with the Internet censorship portion of the bill and hoped it could be removed when they took it up again next year! This is incredible -- and all thanks to you. Just a month ago, the Senate was planning to pass this bill unanimously; now even the senator from Hollywood is backing away from it. But this fight is far from over -- next year, there's going to be hearings, negotiations, and even more crucial votes.

Good to hear, Maybe senators thought that the government can use it for political benefit or such that,and at any rate, it is not possible to control whole internet also, they just saved their time, about not talking to such useless measures(are they even worth calling "measures" :P).

The U.S just doesn't get it does it,I mean come on there's no way you stop piracy,the internet is perhaps the most powerful tool that a man can possess (other than a weapon like the redeemer in UT3 which I would use to blow the world up).They can't get in the way of internet,besides this might only effect guys in U.S so......

• 2 weeks later...
This is just another reminder as to why we all need to be involved in politics instead of being complacent and/or just whining about it.

Voting rates for people under 30 or 25 are so low that no politician listens to young people. There's an awful lot more of you than you'd believe. Participate and rule. My local politician was working on getting the voting age down to 16 to get kids in early. Good idea, way too scary for the establishment.