Victory, The Bill was Stopped, for now.

Koby

I am glad another post was opened up with this topic. I really wanted to post in the other one. I just wanted to add that they are going to have an EXTREMELY hard time shutting down website. All the website has to do is say "We did not know users were posting this stuff" and they can't do anything to them. This is currently what Limewire is doing.

Furthermore, pursuing legal action against every person in possession of illegal material will be a physical impossibility of the GOV. EVERY PERSON CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, which is all of America, HAS IN THEIR POSSESSION ILLEGAL MATERIAL...such as music, movies, etc.

So, it isn't really something to worry too much about. When you take away people's guns, the only people to have guns will be criminals and cops. The same is true for Illegal Internet Downloads. Pirates will still have and provide downloads, and, the quantity will be, and currently is, too large to govern, let alone eradicate.

Politics; I've never seen a matter more conflicted yet sane. Well, I'm gonna go and agree with the others; I'm glad the bill was stopped. One man just DOES NOT have the right to decide for millions of people. Another petition should be held next year to enforce how much we DO NOT WANT THE DAMN THING! That's all. :)