• Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want me to rate it, then the order is :-

Yu-Go-Oh > 5D's > GX

i personally hated Jaden Yuki and GX came very close to ruing the series for me.

the original was definitely the best, especailly the epic duels between Kaiba and Yugi. GX just didn't meet my level of expectation.

5D's is allright. though, i wish they would create a more original character instead of basing him off Yugi all the time. The synchro monsters they introduced are pretty cool but one thing i've noticed is that they've stopped Setting monsters, choosing to instead "Summon in Defence Mode", thus removing the possibility of Flip effects.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I personally enjoyed 5D's much more than any other yu gi oh(the japanese version of course). The original was great as well it was the first time I'd ever seen someone jam a gun with a friggin card. but in my opinion, gx was utter trash and a disgrace to the series whether it's japanese or english, I just found nothing likeable about the story or characters.

There is 4 series of Yu-Gi-Oh!

5D's is the worst.

Duel Monsters is the best and most consider it the original but its not. It's just called Yu-Gi-Oh! in English.

GX was second best.

Yu-Gi-Oh! was not really Yu0Gi-Oh! as we know it, the rules were different and it only lasted 26 episodes. Never was dubbed and often called Season 0.

There is 4 series of Yu-Gi-Oh!

5D's is the worst.

Duel Monsters is the best and most consider it the original but its not. It's just called Yu-Gi-Oh! in English.

GX was second best.

Yu-Gi-Oh! was not really Yu0Gi-Oh! as we know it, the rules were different and it only lasted 26 episodes. Never was dubbed and often called Season 0.

are you talking about the one in which Kaibi had green hair?

and when Battle Phase occurred, you had to compare the ATK of attacking monster and DEF of attacked monster instead of there being attack mode and defence mode?

are you talking about the one in which Kaibi had green hair?

and when Battle Phase occurred, you had to compare the ATK of attacking monster and DEF of attacked monster instead of there being attack mode and defence mode?

It wasn't even based on the card game. Atem was pure evil and sent his opponents to the Shadow Realm when he beat them at randomly selected games. One was similar to the card game, another was similar to capsule monsters, others were random puzzles like a poker card trick etc.

It wasn't even based on the card game. Atem was pure evil and sent his opponents to the Shadow Realm when he beat them at randomly selected games. One was similar to the card game, another was similar to capsule monsters, others were random puzzles like a poker card trick etc.

oh yeah forgot about that one. havent seen it but i heard its basically yu-gi-oh with virtually no emphasis on cards

The original is still pretty good IMO, I love the death trap duels in BattleCity, those episode were fun. :)

I do like 5Ds a lot tho, I'm actually surprised that I like it as much as I do actually given the totally off the wall premise. Seriously they shut down major highways in the middle of the city for card games.... really? :D

• 7 months later...

i like the original the most it had a good set of stories and awesome cards, the guardian cards were one of my favorite sets. while i didn't much care for the story or characters of GX, the cyber dragon and crystal beast sets were pretty sweet. 5ds has a good story but not a lots of interesting cards, however the black rose dragon is pretty cool and stardust isn't too bad either.