• Yu-Gi-Oh!
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I challenge all the people who said that the original yu gi oh was the best, to go re watch it right now, then watch 5d's and watch as you opinions shift just like the original show's interpretation of the rules.

Wouldn't change my mind. I thought 5D's was terrible. Dropped the show, convinced to pick it back up, watched a few more episodes, and then put it on hold. Even if I didn't ignore the no-rules of the Duelist Kingdom (which only existed because it was made before the TCG got setup correctly).. then well Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is still far superior and more enjoyable to watch than 5D's. The only thing good about 5D's was Aki.

Yeah I'll admit that I'm heaavily biased to Akiza and the whole motorcycle duels and slum setting, but mainly to Akiza, but I for one can't really stand the original anymore and Gx was unwatchable but I remained interested in 5d's till the end, for some reason it seemed less like a children's card game and more like a serious sport in 5d's.. then there's Akiza

I remained interested in 5d's till the end, for some reason it seemed less like a children's card game and more like a serious sport in 5d's..

I just can't take 5D's seriously. It's rather ridiculous. Between the riding motorcycles while dueling, the whole crimson dragon mess, and the fact that once again they rely on a card game to save the world from those who want to destroy it.. with cards. You just can't take the whole demise seriously really, but then all the Yu-Gi-Oh! series are that way.

For one thing they are aimed at kids. They tried to make 5D's aimed at an older audience but failed and realized their mistake and thus they made ZeXal which is aimed at the youngest audience of any of the series thus far. There's only so many times you can rehash the same scenarios with a different setting and characters before it just gets old and you realize you're watching the same thing over and over again and figure out the original was best--if for no other reason than the fact it was actually original at the time of creation and not a rehash.

Another thing is Yusei doesn't really seem to have a rival at all. The first season focused on Jack being his rival but after their showdown their rivalry was pretty much completely forgotten. In GX you had Zane and Chazz. In the original you had Kaiba. Add to the fact that Jack was nothing more than a terribly wannabe Kaiba who ended up falling to pieces after one loss and didn't know what to do with his life and incapable of doing anything. Without a rival there really isn't anyone to push Yusei to continue to improve. He's already pretty much the top duelist since episode one of the series. The original and GX had both of their main characters start out slow and get better, but Yusei was already pretty much top-dog from the get-go.

My favourite version of Yu-Gi-Oh was the 2nd series because it got me into the card game until my cousin got a card that let him summon fusion monsters without polymerisation and he had a fusion monster who had all the effects of relinquished + on top of that prevented you from attacking and prevented you from changing the battle position of your monsters.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh! is the only one that I like because the other ones they might have the name Yu-Gi-Oh but the Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh isn't even in the series which doesn't make any sense so I will never watch any other.

Yugi wasn't taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! One is a name and the other has meaning, but it was not named because of Yugi. Either way Yugi was in GX in the first episode and the last two or three.

Story-wise: YGO, 5Ds, GX

The original story was awesome compared to the others IMO.

Card-wise: GX, 5Ds, YGO

Obviously as the series progress, new cards get added, new rules, etc, so that's why I have YGO listed last. YGO set the stage for GX and 5Ds. It was awesome as everything was getting introduced. I still put GX cards over 5Ds cards because you don't get much variety in 5Ds. The cards stayed mostly the same. Every one of the main characters in 5Ds has the same structure to their decks (tuners + others) and a dragon synchro. In GX, you had a wide variety of decks (Elemental Heroes, Crystal Beasts, Zane's Cyber deck, Chazz with his original deck and then the Ojama deck). There were more decks to fall in love with in GX. The part I liked the most in GX was being able to combine pretty much any Elemental Hero with another. It pretty much gives you a lot of options and I found that entertaining. :)

• 3 months later...

They all had their good moments and their not-so-good moments, so I'm hard pressed to choose between them. (Personally Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal isn't even in the picture because the main character gets on my nerves and I've only watched two episodes.)

5d's is good because Yusei actually fights with his fists sometimes, not just his cards, and gets past harsher obstacles than any of the other main characters. GX got better after the end of the Yubel part (after the fusion) after falling into a dip in action during the transportation part. The regular series always will be golden for me, and Season 0 is good too because of its varying games (not just a card game) and harsher alternate-Yugi personality.

Personally, I liked 5d's the best. I enjoyed the themes of fighting fate and who has the "right" way to protect the world, as well as the idea of social inequality and after how far one must stop trying to save the world lest they make things worse.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

The original iz the best

then GX

Personally I think 5d's is crap. Poor characters and no big rivalries

:dhh::dhh::dhh:

there are definitely major rivalries. It's just that the 5d's characters actually develop and their relationships change over time.

I say Season 0, It's the original yu-gi-oh. It's simple, sexy and sweet. And it's not taken out of context like most are now a days. It stuck straight to the story line and only flash backed when necessary. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do because it really is some thing else.