What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

Teknoman probably started it all. I'm honestly amazed that there are other people out there who mentioned that one...So awesome! Then another obscure one from that time, Ronin Warriors :-)

Me too it was that Teknoman that got me watching in 96 then I saw gundam and dragon ball from that point it was off to the races from there.

I would attribute my journey into anime/manga to Inuyasha. I was already a cartoon watcher so watching anime was nothing new. From Inuyasha to Naruto and then to bleach at that time I was hooked. At that time I did not know about the existence of manga. It was not until I was looking for updates on bleach when I discovered the anime was currently running in Japan. When I was looking for updates on Naruto I discovered the manga for said anime. This led to me reading the manga, watching the subs and watching the dubs of Inuyasha, bleach, and naruto. :byebye:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ignoring most of the dubs I saw on TV like Pokemon, Yugioh, and Dragonball, I would give it to Naruto and Bleach airing on Bionix. Those two got me hooked and then I started devouring what I could online and once I exhausted most of those, I started on the manga for the big three. 

Like alot of people, it was Toonami for me. Get home from school just as Gundam was ending, catching Sailor Moon, DBZ, and IIRC Reboot was on Toonami at one time, but my memory's a bit fuzzy when it comes to Reboot though. A few years after that I lost cable and never had internet so I never watched it again until my sister introduced me back to it with Adult Swim's lineup of Bleach, GITS, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyashsa (which I already watched)... yeah. Been there, been away, back there now.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Net.Geezer, and will show my age when I saw reruns in the 70s of Speed Racer, and didn't even know it was anime until I was much older.  I really didn't get back into anime until the Net made it easy to see all the anime out there, and after seeing Cowboy Bebop on Cartoon Network, I went headlong into anime again.

• 4 weeks later...

well i'm new to the anime thing but i have seen high school of the dead,naruto shippuden,sword art online,                                                                but when i was younger i did see wrath of a ninja. blow my mind