What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

While 'Pokemon', 'Digimon' and 'Dragonball Z' were my first animes, what really got me 'sucked' into anime would be 'The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya'. A couple friends of mine were talking about it quite a bit 3-4 years ago so I decided to google it and tried to find somewhere to watch it. So I ended up downloading it and just couldn't stop watching it. It was interesting and quite amusing. It truly is an amazing anime, it's sad they haven't done more with it.

Well with anime I started watching digimon, cardcaptors, yu-gi-oh and pokemon on tv every weekday & also toonami Thanx Tom!!!!, In terms of mangas I got a free manga it was shaman king and I fell in love with it that i wanted to read more of them so I went to my local public library and hit the motherload

Edited by PhantomKnight

Pokémon, for sure. Not only because I watched it religiously, but also because it was the first show that made me read *about* anime -- production, drawing, voice acting, etc.

In a more specific "moment" of fandomism, Chrono Crusade was the first anime I watched (and really enjoyed) that showed me there was more to anime outside the usual more well-known titles (Naruto, Dragon Ball, Inuyasha etc) and, subsequently, lead me to the "heart" of the anime fandom. Whatever that means (?).

I'd watch Toonami after school when i was younger, Dragon Ball Z in particular. Then, on Friday and Saturday nights, I'd catch Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Inuyasha... And others. I'd stay up all night watching anime. Now, 'Adult Swim' is just lame (personal opinion)...

Than my love for anime, just grew from there.

I got into it when I was 2 and 3, my mom is an otaku, I used to watch sailor moon with her, pluss I like hellow kitty and Totoro.

We also had a family friend from japan who taught me japanese, when we visted her, I used to watch some VHS tapes she had, they were Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0, and the original Kamen Rider.

I saw Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 Sailor Moon and Kamen Rider around the same time, those are what first sucked me into anime, they were so good, yugioh and kamen riders plot was so dark, I wanted to see more.

Unfortunatly I don't remember how to speak japanese anymore, but I do understand a little still.

I watched some pretty violent stuff when I was a toddler.

My parents let me watch them so I would know the kinds of people out there and the dangers, and what is right and what is wrong, and the grey aereas in between, and that other peoples right might me some one elses wrong.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Before i started watching anime i was a blank slate, i can barely remember who i was before i started watching it. I actually go into anime in 2009 or around there. Now if you're asking when i started watching? Well it was when I was in elementary school, im going into highschool now, so it wasnt forever ago. But when i was aware it was anime was when i watched FMA. I really liked it so i just kinda watched whatever was on netflix at the time. Now im going to conventions and watching it a lot more and its amazing. I think it was great i started watching anime because without it i'd probably be really empty and i wouldnt have the great friends i have now.