What's your worst computer disaster?

RikuoAmero

My worst computer disaster ? I was installing a new graphics card and was startled by one of my cats, chipped the motherboard pretty badly with the bracket of the graphics card -_- cost me a couple hundred bucks... oh well. Interestingly enough the thing still works though I had to buy a sound card as the onboard audio no longer worked.

My first computer I ever bought had seen its days and had had two major crashes before it finally died.  It was refurbished so it wasn't a new computer.  When it finally had had enough it really did itself in.  It's finally crash...literally almost everything in it was dead.  Hard drive, CPU, motherboard, ram, and PSU had been rendered unusable and was cheaper just to get a new computer.  The only part that was saved was the graphics card. 

My first computer I ever bought had seen its days and had had two major crashes before it finally died.  It was refurbished so it wasn't a new computer.  When it finally had had enough it really did itself in.  It's finally crash...literally almost everything in it was dead.  Hard drive, CPU, motherboard, ram, and PSU had been rendered unusable and was cheaper just to get a new computer.  The only part that was saved was the graphics card. 

Man it just seems hard for me to believe that hardware-wise people can actually destroy their computers. I understand software problems via bugs/viruses/registry errors but hardware is much aharder to damage. My rule of thumb is when you by a computer u pick one based on what you do all the time. I mean if you game then to get a low end laptop with a intel graphics card, poor venting, and non-hd screen is just screeming for computer failure. I have a gateway laptop with a 2nd gen inter i3 @2.27gHz and it runs smoothly cuz i monitor cpu ambient temperatues and hardrive temps. I make sure their are no parisitic processes running in the background and such. Those small things increase the life expectancy of your computers.