Poll: How much hard drive space do you have in total?

RikuoAmero

How much hard drive do you have in total?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How much hard drive do you have in total?

• 500 GB or less
    • 500 GB - 1TB
    • 1TB - 2TB
    • 2TB - 3TB
    • 3TB - 4TB
    • 4TB - 5TB
    • 5TB - 6TB
    • 6TB +

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Christ you people have lots of space, all I've got is 250Gb internal and a Seagate 500gb External that's 750GB in total...I feel small.

I feel smaller I barley have 120gb I feel super small...

and lame

I have a 2TB hard drive, but I use less than 200GB of it, haha.

now I don't feel to alone I don't have a lot of space but I don't use that much any way...

Laptop: WD 750 GB

I also have a Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB from my previous laptop that is currently in an external enclosure 

Externals:

3 TB Seagate

2 TB Seagate

2 x 1 TB Seagates

3 TB WD MyBook Live

Portable Externals:

2 TB WD My Passport

1.5 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex (2 TB replaced this but I still use this one from time to time)

500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite (wireless drive for tablet files)

500 GB WD My Passport (1.5 TB replaced this so this one just lies around)

All together . . . wait for it . . . 16 TB. Pretty sure there's tons of space on practically every hard drive though.

I seriously had no idea I had that much until I started writing them all down. I definitely do not use all the space. The 3 TB external is my main external which replaced the 2 TB and the 2 1 TBs I barely use. One of them is used for backing up my laptop from time to time so the most that gets used on the external is around 500 GB. The MyBook Live is mainly a backup as well but it's hooked up to the network so my family can use it and I can connect to it when I'm not home. It doesn't have much on it right now though because I haven't taken the time to transfer my files over yet. I really only have so many because I've gotten them at Christmas/Thanksgiving sales really cheap. I basically pick them up so I can back up one hard drive on another so if one dies I have a backup. Had a bad experience with an external back when I did video editing. Almost lost around 500GB of files so I'm a bit paranoid now. I do know I have a lot of laptop backups that I need to delete off multiple hard drives from when I was having my laptop worked on so ... On a day to day basis I use 2.75 TBs (the 750 in my laptop and the 2 TB passport). Definitely need to do some cleaning when I have some time.

I am running a file server (ubuntu) that currently has 6 2-TB drives for DVD and video storage and 2 2-TB drives for System backups, then there are the 3 2-TB drives on the video recorder/processor (windows) for TV recording and Video Editing, also I have various laptops, media PC's, and other external drives. I also have 8 drives that have a copy of all data stored in my safe for disaster recovery.

while this may seem excessive, I have been collecting and storing DVD's and videos for many years in their original formats, no ripping. it didn't start out as large but grew as money allowed.

The Doc

Edited by DocLove

i have a 10TB Seagate Nas, 3@ 3TB seagate externals, 4@1TB Transcend Externals(they use Seagate drives) 1@ 1TB portable LG drive, 2 PC's with 2TB internally in each of them, laptop with 1TB and about 10@250GB  loose drives = over 30TB!

I stopped backing up to DVD a long time ago. about 80% of this is work related

I just got a 2TB second hand Toshiba (with a Seagate) drive in it verry cheap - so i now have well over 32TB!

Edited by cijah