Jump to content
Koby

Game Giveaway #001: Call of Duty WWII

Recommended Posts

PabjWES.jpg    bCxYMhJ.jpg

 

 

Steam Key courteously donated by LighteningOne.

 

Call of Duty returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII - a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation.

Steam Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/476600/Call_of_Duty_WWII/

 

Giveaway Rules & Info:

  • To participate, you must have at least 5 posts on the forum and selected a display picture (avatar) for your forum account.
  • If you win, you must reach out to me directly, either via forum PM, discord DM (Koby#6061), or IRC. If the prize isn't claimed within 2 weeks of the winner being declared, we'll redraw from the entries for a new winner.

 

  • Kametsu nor it's staff is responsible in the event that the key doesn't work. In most giveaways we'll hopefully know for sure that everything is valid. However in the event that a key is donated to us by non-staff, we have no way of verifying it's un-used without using it.  This is why we'd prefer "Steam Gifts" donated rather than keys if possible, or simply the money to buy a game outright for the giveaways instead, but we'll still do our best to make it up to the winner in the event that is key doesn't work.
  • If you have any questions or even have some suggestions on how I should do something regarding the giveaways differently, feel free to comment below.

 

In the future, we'll probably create a dedicated board on the forum for giveaways with a sub-forum for completed giveaways to make things more tidy and easily found, but this is just to get things started. We're also unsure how often we'll have giveaways. It depends on how much supply we end up with in terms of Steam Keys, Steam Gifts, and donated funds to purchase them. So if you'd like to donate towards the giveaways, contact me. All contributions are appreciated.

 

How to Enter:

  1. Leave a new comment on any thread HERE that contributes to the discussion of the topic (as in don't just spam "cool game" etc".
  2. Leave a comment below linking to the post you made in step one, along with the hashtag #codww2
  3. Include your Discord or IRC name if you're on either or.

Winner will be selected by random generation on February 16th if we have enough contestants. If not, submissions will last an additional week until we hit the requirement; so be sure to spread the word. Share this giveaway on Steam, Twitter, Youtube, etc.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Have at least 5 posts - CHECK

-Have an Avatar Pic - CHECK

-Left a new comment in the Gaming Realm (and linked to it) - CHECK

-Left a Hashtag in this post - CHECK

-I am not on IRC or Discord (so since its optional) - CHECK

 

#codww2

 

Thanks to  @Koby and @LighteningOne for offering this Giveaway.  :ewhz:

 

 

Edited by slick1109
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Koby I guess, it's also worth mentioning, that person should enter the giveaway, if he/she really wants to play the game, and not just add another icon to the library. I won't enter, since CoD is not really my thing. 

 

Good luck for everyone. 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GideonWrath said:

@Koby I guess, it's also worth mentioning, that person should enter the giveaway, if he/she really wants to play the game, and not just add another icon to the library. I won't enter, since CoD is not really my thing. 

 

Good luck for everyone. 

I don't care if they plan to sell the key. This is to benefit the forum and get people to have conversations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

I don't care if they plan to sell the key. This is to benefit the forum and get people to have conversations.

Might as well just tell LighteningOne to sell it himself then. Naturally it'd be nice if the person who won the key actually has a use for it and plays the game. How would you feel if you gave someone a gift and they ended up selling it behind your back? I can assure you most people wouldn't like the sound of that.

 

Of course there's no way to ensure the winner will play the game, but still, it'd be nice if they did.

 

I already own this game so I have no need to enter the giveaway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a giveaway. We have no way of policing what is done with it once handed to the winner, nor do we want to try. We do hope they either use the key on their own account and play it or pass it along to a friend that will. But if they don't, there isn't anything we can do about that. Giveaways happen all over the internet for all sorts of things. Once someone wins something, it is theirs to do with as they please.

 

Even if you already own the game or have no interest in the game, you can still enter to win it for a friend.

 

I'm not going to limit who can and can't enter. I'm pretty sure we're barely going to get enough entries to hold these giveaways until more word is spread about them. So please, be sure to spread the word and get more people to enter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm...Never thought people would react this way for a giveaway. Oh well, I won't say much in this then everyone's opinion matters. I'm planning on a giveaway of Office 365 - 1 User Key. So @GideonWrath , if you think this is worth your participation them by the guest. @NeutralHatred agreed!

 

I should've started with something like windows OEM keys. Nevermind, I can only provide. The rest is @Koby's decision.

 

Edited by LighteningOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a powerful rig to play such games that's why I didn't participate in it. I thought someone might play it, if not me. I agree with @NeutralHatred it doesn't matter what winner does with prize he/she can sell it, give it to a friend, store it in cryogenic after all he/she earned it with the trust you guys put. But it is good to see if he/she uses for himself, it keeps motivated the donors.

My friend has brought a new laptop and he is asking for office 365 and I plan to give a pirated version but if @LighteningOne offers office 365 then I will definitely participate in it and if I win it I will give to my friend. 

So what do you say @Koby @LighteningOne? Can I gun for office?

Edited by gskumar
Added question
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gskumar said:

I don't have a powerful rig to play such games that's why I didn't participate in it. I thought someone might play it, if not me. I agree with @NeutralHatred it doesn't matter what winner does with prize he/she can sell it, give it to a friend, store it in cryogenic after all he/she earned it with the trust you guys put. But it is good to see if he/she uses for himself, it keeps motivated the donors.

My friend has brought a new laptop and he is asking for office 365 and I plan to give a pirated version but if @LighteningOne offers office 365 then I will definitely participate in it and if I win it I will give to my friend. 

So what do you say @Koby @LighteningOne? Can I gun for office?

Definitely. Let's get this giveaway finish first since many have noticed that there is few participants here although I can understand that most people might not go for this specific game giveaway due to weak (aka potato) computer or many already have it. Maybe next time we might do like a voting poll or something idk but there are many possibilities. As of Office 365, it is a 1 year/ 1 user key. So, when the time comes, this will be up for giveaway after this one is done. All I want is spread the word for this giveaway as much as you can because that will ensure a wide range of participation in this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LighteningOne said:

Definitely. Let's get this giveaway finish first since many have noticed that there is few participants here although I can understand that most people might not go for this specific game giveaway due to weak (aka potato) computer or many already have it. Maybe next time we might do like a voting poll or something idk but there are many possibilities. As of Office 365, it is a 1 year/ 1 user key. So, when the time comes, this will be up for giveaway after this one is done. All I want is spread the word for this giveaway as much as you can because that will ensure a wide range of participation in this. 

Oh good! It doesn't matter how long is the key I want that for my friend anyway. He can figure it afterwards, if I get it that is:ewhz: 

Definitely I am telling this give away to every one of my friends. Yeah may be a poll might help but it depends on koby I guess 

Edited by gskumar
Word->ward
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not enough entries guys. Be sure to spread the word and get your friends to enter so we can finally hold the drawing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nabull said:

I don't like COD :/

Surely you know someone that does though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koby said:

Surely you know someone that does though.

I guess, should I apply 

So confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×