What is your favorite cartoon of the 2010s

iceman12

• 1 month later...

Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia is by far my favorite non-Japanese animated series of this decade.

I honestly don't watch that many American cartoon series; majority just seem to be "comedic"-based by making all the characters dumb as hell: Simpsons, American Dad, South Park, Family Guy, Futurama, Disenchantment, King of the Hill, Tripping in the Rift, and many more.... Not that there is anything wrong with that from time to time, it's just that is all there seems to be and there is way too many of them. Even live-action comedy these days seems to be about being funny by having characters be dumb. It's one reason why I liked The Big Bang Theory in early years before it ran out of ideas and got stale: the idea of a comedy based around geeks and people of intellect was different and therefore appealing.

I prefer the adventure, sci-fi, action, fantasy type shows. Which is why I watch far more Japanese anime than other animation. For example, what appeals to me is stuff like Trollhunters, Legend of Korra, Wakfu, 3 Below, Avatar, Castlevania, Reboot, Dragon Prince, Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.

There was quite an influx of animation series that I've favored over the last previous decade and was happy to discover. I am not sure if I'm capable of just giving one series over the others but Cartoon Network was my main go for animation with Disney/Disney XD following. Netflix recently has been coming out with some great stuff as well. It be interesting to see what lies ahead for the next decade and which animation shows are going to be considered 'the next big thing.' As for favorites, if I had to choose. I'd probably say Adventure Time like a lot of others before me because it was one of the first series with Regular Show to help rebuild Cartoon Network and started a boom of animation series like Steven Universe, We Bare Bears and Clarence. 

Edited by OMGosh!

I find the world of gumball, we be bears kind of entertaining. I watch more anime to more specific action anime  and I would say the reboot of HunterXHunter was a real improvement. Boku No Hero Academia is a growing favorite of mine also. Even though they started before 2010 I would still have to say Bleach, Naruto( both), and One Piece are still my favorites. My newest favorites are One punch man and Aijin.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, Koby said:

Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia is by far my favorite non-Japanese animated series of this decade.

I honestly don't watch that many American cartoon series; majority just seem to be "comedic"-based by making all the characters dumb as hell: Simpsons, American Dad, South Park, Family Guy, Futurama, Disenchantment, King of the Hill, Tripping in the Rift, and many more.... Not that there is anything wrong with that from time to time, it's just that is all there seems to be and there is way too many of them. Even live-action comedy these days seems to be about being funny by having characters be dumb. It's one reason why I liked The Big Bang Theory in early years before it ran out of ideas and got stale: the idea of a comedy based around geeks and people of intellect was different and therefore appealing.

I prefer the adventure, sci-fi, action, fantasy type shows. Which is why I watch far more Japanese anime than other animation. For example, what appeals to me is stuff like Trollhunters, Legend of Korra, Wakfu, 3 Below, Avatar, Castlevania, Reboot, Dragon Prince, Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.

When you say Reboot do you mean the new Reboot or the old Reboot? I have only watched the first two episodes of the new one because I thought it was going to be close to the old one. I saw they only have some of the bad guys from the old one.

Just now, mskakashi said:

I find the world of gumball, we be bears kind of entertaining. I watch more anime to more specific action anime  and I would say the reboot of HunterXHunter was a real improvement. Boku No Hero Academia is a growing favorite of mine also. Even though they started before 2010 I would still have to say Bleach, Naruto( both), and One Piece are still my favorites. My newest favorites are One punch man and Aijin.

When you say Reboot do you mean the new Reboot or the old Reboot? I have only watched the first two episodes of the new one because I thought it was going to be close to the old one. I saw they only have some of the bad guys from the old one.

The old one. I don't know of anyone that actually liked the new one. Who'ever wrote it knew absolutely nothing about the show or the various canon statements it made that they completely tossed away just from the premise of the new show alone.

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

The old one. I don't know of anyone that actually liked the new one. Who'ever wrote it knew absolutely nothing about the show or the various canon statements it made that they completely tossed away just from the premise of the new show alone.

My thoughts exactly, The old was really good especially toward the end. Yeah they totally threw out the original story which in my opinion was a mistake.

I have to join the chorus of Regular Show fans. I can't say it's my all-time favorite of this decade (I shy away from calling anything an all-time favorite) but it's one of my favorites. I would also include Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Thundercats 2011.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...