Any deviantART Users Here?

SailorLunarAngel

Like 10 years ago. I use to be a pretty big user of deviantart, but then someone reported one of my signatures I had uploaded, saying that Square Enix owned the rights to the character in it, so dA mods deleted my entire gallery and from that point I said fuck it and never bothered using the site again. Apparently almost their entire userbase is breaking their rules, but their staff does nothing about it unless someone has a vendetta against you and reports it. You're not allowed to use characters from any existing property, which is silly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Koby said:

Like 10 years ago. I use to be a pretty big user of deviantart, but then someone reported one of my signatures I had uploaded, saying that Square Enix owned the rights to the character in it, so dA mods deleted my entire gallery and from that point I said fuck it and never bothered using the site again. Apparently almost their entire userbase is breaking their rules, but their staff does nothing about it unless someone has a vendetta against you and reports it. You're not allowed to use characters from any existing property, which is silly.

Did you use fanart of existing characters or stock images?

Don't get me wrong, it's stupid either way, but I'm just wondering how stupid they are.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a DeviantArt, but I never post there....it's not like I can't draw, I just don't really feel...compelled, to share my art with people, a combination of my paranoia and...IDK, low self-esteem?

And yes, I know for a fact that there are people posting there who draw infinitely worse then I am, it's just that I rarely seek attention...or at least try so deliberately

There's probably an additional pressure of quality. I believe, that, if you're going to show people your work, it better be that damn best thing you're currently able to do.

There's a lot of people who draw beautiful art pieces, that you can commission and such.

I draw simplistic schematic weapon art, flags and general regalia, any artist worth his salt could do better then me and so, why bother?

• 7 months later...