Koby

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Synopsis

Karen Kohiruimaki always felt out of place in the real world. Due to her extreme height, she found it hard to make friends with other girls her age. Everything changes when she's introduced to VR and Gun Gale Online. In GGO, Karen is free to play the cute, chibi avatar of her dreams! Can Karen find friendship in this bullet-ridden MMO...?

(Source: Yen Press)

I was enjoying the show during ep1 up until Pink Girl suddenly became The Flash and wiped out nearly an entire team of experts, then it just felt like Kirito-GODMODE-crap all over again. -_-

Thanks for the heads up Koby!  Because I liked Sword Art Online Seasons 1,2 and the movie, I am hoping they English dub this as well - am going to hold off watching the sub version.

Episode 02 took a step back from the action to give us the backstory of Pink Girl, how she came to play GGO, and how her character got to the point it has. There isn't really much there to talk about other than Pink Girl has a massive self-esteem issue about her height to the point of having mental breakdowns over playing characters who aren't short. She managed to min-max her character in a matter of a short period by sticking to herself out in the desert and PKing any players who came near until she met Pito who instantly became a friend to her (and coincidentally who happens to be the most interesting character introduced so far). It didn't show us how she met M yet though so I figure next episode is likely to be more backstory rather than getting back to the events that took place in episode 01.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, Koby said:

I was enjoying the show during ep1 up until Pink Girl suddenly became The Flash and wiped out nearly an entire team of experts, then it just felt like Kirito-GODMODE-crap all over again. -_-

Oh God, yeah. I was like “not again...”

On 4/18/2018 at 11:29 PM, TsukasaElkKite said:

Oh God, yeah. I was like “not again...”

To be fair, no backstory was given yet.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, Koby said:

Episode 02 took a step back from the action to give us the backstory of Pink Girl, how she came to play GGO, and how her character got to the point it has. There isn't really much there to talk about other than Pink Girl has a massive self-esteem issue about her height to the point of having mental breakdowns over playing characters who aren't short. She managed to min-max her character in a matter of a short period by sticking to herself out in the desert and PKing any players who came near until she met Pito who instantly became a friend to her (and coincidentally who happens to be the most interesting character introduced so far). It didn't show us how she met M yet though so I figure next episode is likely to be more backstory rather than getting back to the events that took place in episode 01.

What if Pito is Kirito? That'd be hilarious. Only because I'd want to see your reaction.

54 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

What if Pito is Kirito? That'd be hilarious. Only because I'd want to see your reaction.

This probably hasn't been revealed in the anime yet, but Pito is not Kirito or even related.

Spoiler

Her real life name is Kanzaki Elsa and she is a siinger and songwriter.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the anime might omit some key elements for the anime adaptation like they did for SAO itself, but the above listed spoiler shows her real name and occupation in the real world, and was what was revealed in the Light Novel series this is based on. Many don't even seem to realize that this is based on a Light Novel, as well, just like SAO was.