What's a cartoon you gave up on watching?

Nardlen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 05/05/2018 at 3:26 PM, logamuyiwu said:

Regular show, it just got a bit cliched.

Cliched in what way? The regular to irregular episodic formula/gimick?

I can see that if so, Season 4 and 5 was the show's lowest point. You could tell the writers were struggling with the gimick of starting off as a regular show and finding ways to get supernatural.

Most episodes in those seasons would just have a red overlay on the screen during drama or some relationship issues. (Relationship plot lines always kills shows for me. It's never entertaining)

Did you find season 2 and 3 funny? If so, I'd say it got pretty good in Season 6 as they stopped caring about the gimick, and the half hour specials were great.

7 and 8 were equally as funny as season 3 if not more so.

Edited by EmptyBasket

On 5/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, EmptyBasket said:

Cliched in what way? The regular to irregular episodic formula/gimick?

I can see that if so, Season 4 and 5 was the show's lowest point. You could tell the writers were struggling with the gimick of starting off as a regular show and finding ways to get supernatural.

Most episodes in those seasons would just have a red overlay on the screen during drama or some relationship issues. (Relationship plot lines always kills shows for me. It's never entertaining)

Did you find season 2 and 3 funny? If so, I'd say it got pretty good in Season 6 as they stopped caring about the gimick, and the half hour specials were great.

7 and 8 were equally as funny as season 3 if not more so.

Yeah, I just felt like they ran out of ideas around 4 and 5. 2 and 3 were definitely the best two.

I quit watching Dreamworks Dragons around season 5 or 6. It just felt like episodic filler with no reason to exist other than to promote the movies rather than be something that added to them while also being watered down for younger audiences. Which was unfortunate because I loved the movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy I quit watching 10 episodes into season 1 for pretty much the same reasons. As well as the Croods animated series.

The Lion Guard I stopped watching around episode 10 of season 1 for also mostly the same reasons, but also because of inconsistencies with the canon time line and the lack of Kovu's existence (though I hear he did finally appear later).... The main issue is it just seemed aimed at younger audiences and I wasn't getting anything out of the show. Definitely something toddlers would find more enjoyment out of though.

• Like 1

Damn, I was curious about the Dragons' show. A shame it got dumbed down.

I've dropped Archer. 

4 seasons was enough. The humor is exclusively characters arguing over whatever leaves someone's mouth. It's too annoying. 

The only thing that kept me watching was that I was watching it with a friend so his laughter would make the experience better. I wouldn't have laughed at the majority of jokes if I were watching it alone.

Season 5's "Vice" was terrible and Archer never recovered for me. I dropped it with their "dreamland" season. It felt like filler with an asthetic/time period I'm not into. I don't like these characters enough to see them in different situations.

Edited by EmptyBasket

• 2 weeks later...

After Ben 10 (2006), the villains, aliens, transformations were all pretty great. Then Ben 10 Alien Force came, and it wasn't good. I forced watching it hoping that it would get better. I kept on doing so until I reached the point where I finally stopped watching until now. This kinda goes the same with Spongebob's seasons after season 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The only cartoon I gave up watching because it started to suck was PPG 2016. There were a few episodes I enjoyed but that was about it. If I stop watching a show it's mainly because I stop taking the time to watch it or I missed some episodes. It's not a reflection on the quality. Shows like that include Harvey Beaks, Uncle Grandpa, and We Bare Bears.

• 4 weeks later...