best villain in final fantasy

henry smith

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason people consider Sephiroth to be the strongest villain is because he IS the toughest to beat ... in the games.

Almost every game I played which had Sephi as a secret character, it took me so long to beat him.

However, if we break the boundaries of games, then Sephiroth is pretty weak compared to some of the plotters like Kefka, The Emperor, Kuja and even Gabranth (he's a frigging Judge. hell yeah he's stronger).

If we take aside all of Sephiroth's gameplay difficulty, the only thing left is an overgrown kid with some serious mommy issues. I mean, he get's beaten by Cloud solo ... twice in the first game. Then, he comes back in Advent Children and get's beaten again by Cloud ... solo.

Sure, he razed a village to the ground but that bit is outshined by guys like Kefka and Kuja who've obliterated entire kingdoms.

Oh yeah, Sephiroth is so lame compared to a lot of the other villains. Mine has to be Kefka. Who doesn't love a nihilistic psychopath clown? XD I always thought Kuja was an interesting character as well. I never thought about Yu Yevon, but you're so right about that!

Hehe, most people don't think about him. But I mean, he IS the only villian that consistantly controlled people for over 1,000 years, AND he did it without them even knowing it!!! That is soooooooo bad-ass!!!

Kuja was also pretty high up on my list, but Yu Yevon was fricken' immortal, so he wins hands-down in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still not sure why Sephiroth is said so many times. He didn't do anything that outlandish in his respective game...

It's simply because FF7 has been played out to be the best in the franchise, even if it's not, and therefore milked for all it's worth with tons of spin-offs and even films. So when people think Final Fantasy they think Cloud vs. Sephiroth.. and therefore these are the two most known characters of the franchise even to those not familiar with the franchise or at least even FF7.