• Food Wars! The Third Plate
    • Girls' Last Tour
    • Inuyashiki
    • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
    • Land of the Lustrous
    • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
    • The Ancient Magus' Bride

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Fall season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Fall 2017.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends January 25th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone (except one because I'm a douchemeister. Forgive me). We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Winter 2017 season so be sure to look for it.
Edited by NeutralHatred
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

I'll forgive your typo's, but it's spelt "Recovery of an MMO Junkie"

Inuyashiki is likely an AOTY contender, but it has the disadvantage of being sub-only in a community that mostly watches dubs. If you take a look at past AotS polls, shows with dubs tend to dominate.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Koby said:

it has the disadvantage of being sub-only in a community that mostly watches dubs

I feel like that's probably hurting Land of the Lustrous too. ;_:

Haven't seen Inuyashiki yet but it's on my PTW list. So far my AOTY is still Made in Abyss.

Edited by Solaufein

2 hours ago, Catar said:

sentai pls dub i want to watch ;-;

I've semi-worked on a Made in Abyss release for Kametsu, but I don't have any way of uploading it or finishing it up at this point. Waiting on PAS to finish their Blu-ray release which uses Scum's subtitles which they've fixed up typesetting and did TLC to fix TL errors. I've borrowed Bakemono's OP and ED kfx though and modified them. Uses Scum's original styling for the OP English and my own restyling for the OP romaji kfx while the ED was just a slight position adjustment. Also PAS only has AAC so of course I'd add FLAC, but I'm unsure if their video is even the best option. In any event, maybe someone else on the team would like to finish it up (add OP/ED kfx to the subs of the future eps PAS puts out, while adding everything to best video source with FLAC audio) if I just passed along the subtitle work that has been done.

Would of course like to see a dub though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

I feel like no one watched Girls' Last Tour this season except me...

Disregard the fact I voted for Blend S.

I could't decide.

So I just went alphabetical.

I watched Girls' Last Tour but I felt it was average at best and didn't really seem to have much purpose. It was mostly just two dumb-witted girls exploring the world, except we didn't really get to see much at all as most episodes they just drove around in pipes, up staircases, etc.. The ending was pretty nice though and the last episode had some nice moments.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

What I wanna know is who was the 4 people who nominated a show but didn't vote for it? =O

Because that's not how this is supposed to work :P. IMO the nominations should just be so that we're not looking at a whole anichart as a poll,  but should whittle it down to those series that were "popular" for said season. The voting then should determine the fan favorite. Otherwise there be way less options to vote for and the outcome would be too obvious. 

36 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Because that's not how this is supposed to work :P. IMO the nominations should just be so that we're not looking at a whole anichart as a poll,  but should whittle it down to those series that were "popular" for said season. The voting then should determine the fan favorite. Otherwise there be way less options to vote for and the outcome would be too obvious. 

I think you missed the point though. You should nominate the show you intend to vote for. Otherwise you're just nominating something you didn't feel was best, which negates the reasoning behind nominating it. Thus it's kind of expected that people would vote for the show they nominated and thus every show in the poll would have at least one vote via their nominator. After all, if the show isn't worth your vote, why is it worth a nomination?

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

After all, if the show isn't worth your vote, why is it worth a nomination?

for the memes :^)

But seriously, the double-vote business here is mostly just for the sake of easy administration, so we don't have to create a massive Invision poll with every anime that aired in the season. Otherwise it's mostly unnecessary.

11 minutes ago, MaxxCatt said:

Yup, and odds are that if it isn't dubbed I won't watch it.

I used to be like this. I still prefer dubs if they're available, but there are too many amazing shows that will (in all likelihood) never be dubbed. Monogatari is what finally pushed me over the edge. Now for new stuff I usually always watch subbed unless it's being simuldubbed, and even then if the show is really good I often get impatient and watch ahead with the sub.