So many versions on DBZ

Ok seriously, there was the original DBZ, then there's DBZ uncut now there's DBZ Kai. Which one is better?

The thing that attracted me to DBZ was partly the music in the american release. Bruce Faulkner really matched how the characters fought and each character with their own theme music. I really got into it, but now these other ones say original japanese audio, it kind of sounds gay no offense. But extra scenes? Someone give me the low down, I'm confused.

:confuse:

Edited by Emotional Outlet

I have not tried the Dragon Box set version, and well after seeing 32 episodes of DB Kai dubbed, I can honestly say it's a little rushed and chopped up feeling, and some of the voices are rather weird or just bad.

If I had to recommend a version to watch, it'll probably be the Remastered set of DBZ for first time watching the series, and DB Kai if you already seen it and just want to watch through it again quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the main reasons why Kai feels so rushed compared to the original DBZ is because the anime would drag on for so much, it becomes the norm. Kai is basically following the flow of the manga by getting rid of all the filler, and ridiculously long camera panning/pauses.