Storage Solution's ?

normalsomeplace

4 hours ago, ramensama92 said:

I don't think I am

The short version is that the site "went down" within few days and took terabytes/petabytes of user uploaded data with it. All data lost with no hope of retrieval and owner spent several years in trial (I am not sure if it is resolved yet) while creating MEGA in spare time.

This whole incident is likely the main reason for data encryption on MEGA - site owner can't be held responsible, because they can't verify user uploaded content. Still, US government and copyright holders will find a way to take it down if they so choose.

• Like 1

It's still up in the air. Kim is still fighting extradition to the USA. People have been fighting the US and Canadian government for over 5 years to get back their 'LEGAL' files they stored on Megaupload.

The US government has basically stolen from millions of people around the world.

Edited by MaxxCatt

On 12/2/2017 at 1:56 AM, DaftMink said:

Anyone else now getting limited mega accounts when signing up?.

15 GB's base w/ 35 GB's for 1 month.

Looking like mega.nz's on the way out, anyone have alternatives with easy signup, long retention, and ability to import links ?.

Lol, this happened quite a while ago when the user base carried on rising. The build up was the noticeable slow down of ones download quota and speed. Most uploaders here have jumped ship to gdrive which for the end user is much better. Does have the options to import links/copy to your drive without taking up space on it. Paid accounts can be unlimited storage wise (the "limit" being 1EB according to GDrives file stream app)

On 11/1/2017 at 8:04 PM, normalsomeplace said:

@Moodkiller We ought to get out of the grid and go into hiding with what @SakuraChan is running.

Haha! I don't know, I'm still calling a win with my 1 EB from GDrive over him - just because having that many physical drives and setting it up would be impractical... and expensive as heck.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:34 AM, zweeflol said:

euh Seagate HDDs I tend to stay away from them, because I have a really bad experience with them.

I always by Western Digital, as for capacity the 4TB has the lowest euro-to-GB/cost per GB (€0,0325/GB).

That sucks to hear. Well, I will chance my luck with the 4TB and 8TB I have just bought from Seagate... Interestingly enough, out of the 9-10 hard drives I have, the WD was the first one to report SMART errors. And just to spice things up, I grabbed a 5TB Toshiba 7200rpm drive seen as they were on special. WD has put me off with there different coloured drives. I don't know what parts they may interchange between all of them :/

Edited by Moodkiller