What OS is beter?

DRX

I've bailed out entirely on Windows since the Windows 10 Creators Update. Not worth all the tracking and telemetry bullshit, constantly resetting default apps, and I just despise the "ecosystem" of UWP apps they are trying to build. It's fugly and unintuitive. Whitespace, whitespace everywhere! What I wouldn't give for a reversion to MDI interfaces... I've since transitioned entirely to Linux, all my servers and mobile devices were already Linux derivatives so it was pretty easy. Now I'm running KDE Neon, and quite happily I might add. I was already running primarily open source apps that were cross platform so it was as smooth of a transition as it could probably have been.

I'm dual booting my old windows install just in case I want to play a game, or use Audials to record something off Amazon Video, but I haven't done that in months now that I'm thinking about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Windows 7 is the best imo. It has the most compatibility with everything and works a lot better than win 8/10. I'll stick with it for as long as I can.

Amen! They will stop support in 2 1/2 years I believe and that sucks! Then they force you to move on.

Just yesterday I bought a brand new MP3 player (for FLAC people, don't worry) and it is a good one, has great reviews and is a good brand, plugged it in my windows 10 PC, it does not recognize it! Plugged it in my windows 7 PC, 10 seconds later, working like a charm. There are no USB drivers available so I can't use it on my new PC. How shitty is that? Tried it on my mom's computer today to test it and same result (also windows 10). My mom today was begging me to install windows 7 again because she hates windows 10 like it's her worst enemy. Even my neighbors hate windows 10.

My external HDD's which are also quite new are really slow on my windows 10 PC and I have to set them on better performance settings to get normal performance while on my windows 7 PC I get better speeds on quick removal settings. It blows my mind. And like @CapMaster says, constantly having to set the default programs all over again for no reason after an update is unbelievably annoying! The bloatware, even after deleting most of it is incredibly annoying. Even my Samsung Galaxy tablet has less bloatware. And lots of programs just don't work for some reason while working perfectly on windows 7 and hundreds of people online are saying the exact same thing as me so it is not my fault, I am very computer savvy, built both computers myself and know my software so it really isn't me that is doing it which most people that love (bluurrgghh) windows 10 like to say.

I am thinking about buying a license for windows 7 to be honest and going back, that is how bad I find windows 10. It is just one big beta test and it sucks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, khudea said:

Windows for compatibility and driver stability reasons, but Linux it's fun to play with too.

Linux in my opinion is far better than Windows and stability wise Windows gave me more problems than any Linux Distro ever could. And Compatibility wise,  unfortunately big software names are more focused on Windows users since Linux is not that widely used.

2 hours ago, PhoenixPress said:

Windows by mere virtue of having the most developer attention. If the same programs worked on Linux, I'd be all over Ubuntu instead.

I agree. My main interaction when using a computer is with the programs I'm using, not really with the OS. There's almost no programs that are Linux-specific (even stereotypical ones like bash or gcc can be run via cygwin), while a whole lot of programs are Windows-specific. So it makes sense to go with Windows.