'Cowboy Bebop' Receives Live-Action TV Series

Koby

rRI11vu.jpgTomorrow Studios, a joint venture between producer Marty Adelstein and ITV Studios, has been announced to adapt the 1998 anime Cowboy Bebop into a live action TV series. Animation studio Sunrise, which produced the original series, will executive produce the live-action series along with Midnight Radio, which consists of Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner, and Scott Rosenberg. Other executive producers include Tomorrow Studio's Marty Adelstein, Becky Clements, and Matthew Weinberg. Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) will compose the adaptation.

Cowboy Bebop is an original TV anime that aired for 26 episodes between 1998-1999. The anime inspired the Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door movie, which premiered in September 2001. The series was originally licensed by Bandai Entertainment for North American distribution, before FUNimation relicensed it and released the anime in Blu-ray and DVD volume in December 2014. The TV series aired in the US via Adult Swim in 2001 with many reruns. The anime series became a commercial success in Japanese and international markets, particularly in the US, and is widely considered as one of the best anime series of all time.

• Like 2

This is coooool as custard! Nice to see Sunrise gets a executive position, whether that means they get any say or even if any of the original senior crew are still around is another thing. ITV has done quite a few decent programs/films over the years in the UK so hopefully they might do a good job. I just think they've got to get the original producer/director into a controlling role to try and avoid the usual blunders of westernising an anime series to live-action.

Since smoking in films/TV now is a no-no maybe Spike can vape? It's not the same without his mushed up, crooked & slightly damp cigarettes though 

6 hours ago, Vaux said:

This is coooool as custard! Nice to see Sunrise gets a executive position, whether that means they get any say or even if any of the original senior crew are still around is another thing. ITV has done quite a few decent programs/films over the years in the UK so hopefully they might do a good job. I just think they've got to get the original producer/director into a controlling role to try and avoid the usual blunders of westernising an anime series to live-action.

Since smoking in films/TV now is a no-no maybe Spike can vape? It's not the same without his mushed up, crooked & slightly damp cigarettes though 

I would wash my hands of Anime if they made him vape dude xD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I hope space science fiction is in these directors wheelhouse. If not then it might not turn out good. If the people who made Farscape, Andromeda , Firefly or any other decent television space science fiction series were to make a lice action Cowboy Bebop then it would be a pretty great series.

Edited by ezikialrage