Official Vent Thread

Arian

Fedex bunked my vintage VCR. Cracked up the face of it. Luckily all the pieces are there, so I can glue it together, but it's not what I was hoping to find when I opened the box. Otherwise it "works" just as the seller described, but makes a loud squeal from the power supply, and one resistor is shaped like a pear.

But hey, I got this thing because they were made to be repaired, not disposed. I guess it's exactly what I asked for, lol.

55 minutes ago, CapMaster said:

Fedex bunked my vintage VCR. Cracked up the face of it. Luckily all the pieces are there, so I can glue it together, but it's not what I was hoping to find when I opened the box. Otherwise it "works" just as the seller described, but makes a loud squeal from the power supply, and one resistor is shaped like a pear.

But hey, I got this thing because they were made to be repaired, not disposed. I guess it's exactly what I asked for, lol.

Daaaamn, I feel ur pain cuz when I got my flightstick mad long ago the part where the throttle plugged into the joystick it came with a metal plate bending so bad it prevented me from plugging it in but I was able to bend it back with a hammer and pliers, I fucking severed the usb cord mad long ago and haven't gotten it fixed:(

Edited by DabDeity710

2 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

My 2 friends I was gonna go to Japan with keep texting me about how loose these super drunk 20 year old Japanese girls are/how fond they are of American guys and I'm getting soooooooo fucking jealous if only I could've afforded to go with them:(ima have to go this summer

Your friends sound like pricks tbh. It takes a real piece of shit to take advantage of a drunk girl.

Then again, if they have to go to another country and find "super drunk" girls to even get any, I doubt they're telling the truth anyways. You don't go from perma-virgin (presuming they're nerdy/weeb types) to suddenly getting girls like that just by going to a different country/being a foreigner, lmao.

The moral of this story, children, is to not jump to conclusions about things without having all of the info.

Edited by PDoggy77

12 minutes ago, PDoggy77 said:

Your friends sound like pricks tbh. It takes a real piece of shit to take advantage of a drunk girl.

Then again, if they have to go to another country and find "super drunk" girls to even get any, I doubt they're telling the truth anyways. You don't go from perma-virgin (presuming they're nerdy/weeb types) to suddenly getting girls like that just by going to a different country/being a foreigner, lmao.

It's funny you say that cuz they actually pushed them off. And nah they're not those types they're just friends with a lot of those types (like me lol) but they do claim that even I could easily get some sort of female interaction over there like it's nothing

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

Just now, DabDeity710 said:

It's funny you say that cuz they actually pushed them off. And nah they're not those types they're just friends with a lot of those types (like me lol)

Ah, sorry for assuming so then. Suppose I was doing a little venting of my own here.

14 minutes ago, PDoggy77 said:

Ah, sorry for assuming so then. Suppose I was doing a little venting of my own here.

Nah it's cool, in fact one of them's a total prick towards his brosxDpersonally if it where me I wouldn't have felt bad getting with them cuz I don't rlly think of it as taking advantage of drunk girls cuz I'd have been twice as wasted as them. I'm usually the most fucked up guy in the room not that that's something to proud of. The other's a total weeb but women love him cuz he's buff af he works out with like 60 pound dumbbells crazy fucker.

Edited by DabDeity710

So a full 2 weeks after trying to reconnect with my mom and her mother finally answers me, calls me a junkie educationless jobless piece of trash over a little pot, says I never went to college and never had any intention of doing so which is complete bullshit I went to a music school and dropped out and have been trying to scrape up enough money to go to another one ever since which is absolutely hilarious cuz my mother actually dropped out of college with her parents paying her entire tuition 100% but is actually incredibly sad cuz that means she thinks as low of me as a human can like why do I even want someone like that back in my life? I'm a piece of trash cuz I'm 20, live with my dad, am self employed, dropped out of college? I have the same education as her seeing as how she dropped out of college, she's worked for minimum wage her whole life and still does to this day and STILL lives with her mother when she's fucking 48 years old like even Dale and Brennan from Step Brothers had their own place by thenxDxDxDand I'm a junkie over a little weed? She's so uninvolved in my life she doesn't even know I was a pillhead all throughout 10th and 11th grade so in her mind I'm a junkie over my weed habits meanwhile this bitch has drank and smoked cigarettes her whole life she's such a fucking addict she smoked while she was pregnant with me (which she still denies to this day lying cunt) and she claims she's off both but I know she's completely full of shit. I realize it's her mother saying all this shit to me but I know for a fact those are my mother's feelings too and that she told her to say all this shit to me. So anyway her mother tells me she's been trying to reconnect this whole time and that she doesn't want to talk to my dad she wants to talk to me directly which is hysterical cuz she hasn't answered a single one of my 1,000+ texts in the last 2 weeks she completely refuses to answer me and only answers to my dad yet claims she only wants to talk to me directly and wants nothing to do with my dad. She even had to get her mother to tell me this that's how full of shit she is when she says she wants to talk to me directly. I don't know why I even bother all that ended up happening from me trying to reconnect with her was her being a stupid stubborn bitch and me getting super upset and frustrated for absolutely no reason at all I accomplished absolutely nothing all I did was remind myself of what made her so vile in the first place. You wanna know how vile my mom is? She baselessly accused my dad of buttraping me just to ruin him. She already had full custody she did it solely to fuck my dad's life up, even put words in my mouth saying I came to her and told her. Ironically she lost custody over it and fucked her own life up. Who does that? What possesses a human being to be so evil?

7 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

So a full 2 weeks after trying to reconnect with my mom and her mother finally answers me, calls me a junkie educationless jobless piece of trash over a little pot... 

When I was about your age, I had an epiphany.

There were people in my life that were never the source of anything positive. They were either indifferent most of the time,  or producing negativity in one form or another. All they brought to the table was drama, which generated emotionally draining and time consuming issues.

Something had to be done. So I made the decision to cut ties with these individuals, and only continue relationships with those who added something to my life in a positive way. 

So one by one, as these individuals contaced me about this or that, they were informed that I would not be seeing or talking to them any more. When they asked why, I wouldn't go on a rant, or lash out regarding something specific to them. I calmly told them that they didn't contribute anything good to my life, so there was no point in continuing any kind of relationship with them.

This may be difficult sometimes. There are people who create a lot of problems for others while still truely caring for them to some degree. You will have to decide if the pain you might cause others in severing ties is worth it to improve your own life and emotional well being.

People will call you selfish, or say any number of hurtful things to you, when you take control of the situation like this. But it's not selfish for someone to take care of themselves, and protect their own emotions and personal well being.

There comes a time when one needs to get tunnel vision, and focus solely on what they need to be happy. Getting what we want all the time is out of our control, but getting rid of the things we don't want is well within our grasp.

I have been much happier since I started taking this approach regarding my relationships with others. Is life perfect now? Of course not, it never will be.

But when the going gets tough and shit hits the fan, I'm surrounded by people who are providing support. Not those who would act as an anchor, trying to pull me down into the undertow.

Give it some thought, and be prepared to own up to your own faults. When you're ready, make an honest effort to mend the relationships worth saving, hopefully they can be.

Everything else needs to be taken out back behind the barn to be put down, before it causes any more damage.

1 hour ago, ThePJzer said:

When I was about your age, I had an epiphany.

There were people in my life that were never the source of anything positive. They were either indifferent most of the time,  or producing negativity in one form or another. All they brought to the table was drama, which generated emotionally draining and time consuming issues.

Something had to be done. So I made the decision to cut ties with these individuals, and only continue relationships with those who added something to my life in a positive way. 

So one by one, as these individuals contaced me about this or that, they were informed that I would not be seeing or talking to them any more. When they asked why, I wouldn't go on a rant, or lash out regarding something specific to them. I calmly told them that they didn't contribute anything good to my life, so there was no point in continuing any kind of relationship with them.

This may be difficult sometimes. There are people who create a lot of problems for others while still truely caring for them to some degree. You will have to decide if the pain you might cause others in severing ties is worth it to improve your own life and emotional well being.

People will call you selfish, or say any number of hurtful things to you, when you take control of the situation like this. But it's not selfish for someone to take care of themselves, and protect their own emotions and personal well being.

There comes a time when one needs to get tunnel vision, and focus solely on what they need to be happy. Getting what we want all the time is out of our control, but getting rid of the things we don't want is well within our grasp.

I have been much happier since I started taking this approach regarding my relationships with others. Is life perfect now? Of course not, it never will be.

But when the going gets tough and shit hits the fan, I'm surrounded by people who are providing support. Not those who would act as an anchor, trying to pull me down into the undertow.

Give it some thought, and be prepared to own up to your own faults. When you're ready, make an honest effort to mend the relationships worth saving, hopefully they can be.

Everything else needs to be taken out back behind the barn to be put down, before it causes any more damage.

Wow so well written, if only I wasn't out of likes

• Like 1

So I'm trading movies with this kid on reddit megalinks, I uploaded mine for him within an hour. He said he'd upload his by the end of the day. 2 days later he says "Did you get those movies from me? I'm gonna take them down if you don't reply within a day. I replied within the hour "you never linked me either". 2 days later he says yo I'm gonna take them down tonight if you don't respond. What an asshole 

Reddit's inbox and notifications (or lack of) are fucking trash he linked me one of them the night of and I never got a notification. He still completely disregarded my message but for all I know reddit was too shitty to notify him too

Edited by DabDeity710

37 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I bought a shake from Haagen Daz last night and I didn't even realize till this morning that it cost $8.75 that's fucking ridiculous

166956-pulp-fiction-pretty-fucking-go-1u

Definitely not worth $8.75 tho

Whatcha expect when they sell these itty-bitty like 5-bite containers at walmart for $3 and half a pint for like $7. :o

Haagen Daz is expensive af.

Try Ben n' Jerry's "Half Baked", that is the bomb.

Should try some Gelato though as well, that stuff is great.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Koby said:

Whatcha expect when they sell these itty-bitty like 5-bite containers at walmart for $3 and half a pint for like $7. :o

Haagen Daz is expensive af.

Try Ben n' Jerry's "Half Baked", that is the bomb.

Should try some Gelato though as well, that stuff is great.

I had no idea I've never gotten from Haagen Daz or seen their stuff at the supermarket before I was getting a new phone at the mall and it was like 5 feet away from the phone store. I've had the Half Baked Ben n Jerry's before cuz how can you see a snack with such a stoner name and not get it they were even cute enough to have the e in baked backwards, that shit is indeed the bomb. I've heard gelato's phenomenal but I've never had it I'll have to try some next time I come across it.

• Like 2