Official Vent Thread

Arian

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

I need new real life friends, most of them are fucking dirtbags

Remember what I said before? Here, I'll help you remember.:x

On 5/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, DabDeity710 said:

When I was about your age, I had an epiphany.

There were people in my life that were never the source of anything positive. They were either indifferent most of the time,  or producing negativity in one form or another. All they brought to the table was drama, which generated emotionally draining and time consuming issues.

Something had to be done. So I made the decision to cut ties with these individuals, and only continue relationships with those who added something to my life in a positive way. 

So one by one, as these individuals contaced me about this or that, they were informed that I would not be seeing or talking to them any more. When they asked why, I wouldn't go on a rant, or lash out regarding something specific to them. I calmly told them that they didn't contribute anything good to my life, so there was no point in continuing any kind of relationship with them.

This may be difficult sometimes. There are people who create a lot of problems for others while still truely caring for them to some degree. You will have to decide if the pain you might cause others in severing ties is worth it to improve your own life and emotional well being.

People will call you selfish, or say any number of hurtful things to you, when you take control of the situation like this. But it's not selfish for someone to take care of themselves, and protect their own emotions and personal well being.

There comes a time when one needs to get tunnel vision, and focus solely on what they need to be happy. Getting what we want all the time is out of our control, but getting rid of the things we don't want is well within our grasp.

I have been much happier since I started taking this approach regarding my relationships with others. Is life perfect now? Of course not, it never will be.

But when the going gets tough and shit hits the fan, I'm surrounded by people who are providing support. Not those who would act as an anchor, trying to pull me down into the undertow.

Give it some thought, and be prepared to own up to your own faults. When you're ready, make an honest effort to mend the relationships worth saving, hopefully they can be.

Everything else needs to be taken out back behind the barn to be put down, before it causes any more damage.

First, get rid of the garbage. Figure out what you need to do to be happy alone, then worry about new friends once you've reached that point.

8 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

God why can't I find it in myself to develop the means to support myself am I that much of a child?

Here's were you need to focus that tunnel vision on. It won't happen over night, but if you stay focused on it you'll get there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Thanks everyone for the advice/inspiring words, I'm sorry I'm such a needy fuck up

"Thanks everyone for the advice/inspiring words, I'm sorry I have life issues like millions of other people do. I'd prefer not to have them though"

There, I fixed your sentence for your, sheesh. ^_^

Edit: You should throw that negative shit out with the garbage this week while your at it.

Edited by ThePJzer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

"Thanks everyone for the advice/inspiring words, I'm sorry I have life issues like millions of other people do. I'd prefer not to have them though"

There, I fixed your sentence for your, sheesh. ^_^

Edit: You should throw that negative shit out with the garbage this week while your at it.

Always there to cheer me up:Pif only I could have your outlook on life

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Damn my Bellsprout pipe broke, it still works 100% but the leaves on the sides broke off, it's not like it's one of my better pipes but it looked dope af it's fucking Bellsprout

Did it look like this?

il_570xN.557434189_qyef.jpg

• Like 1

Came up on a SEXY original boxset of Stargate SG-1 at a yard sale yesterday, on my way to my buddies house for our D&D night....The pretty one with the Stargate protruding from the case. I am the type to get so excited I'd forget to make sure it has the discs inside so I actually put myself in check and calmed down and looked inside. I saw all of the discs. I was overjoyed!

Anyway, got home last night, opened the set and grabbed the first disc......MASSIVE gash right across, from one edge to the other, like someone purposely dug something into it.

I had to fight back tears and gather the courage to check each other disc....

Every single disc in the box was gashed the exact same way.

Now I know why they only wanted $5 for such a badass set.

1 minute ago, noob447 said:

Came up on a SEXY original boxset of Stargate SG-1 at a yard sale yesterday, on my way to my buddies house for our D&D night....The pretty one with the Stargate protruding from the case. I am the type to get so excited I'd forget to make sure it has the discs inside so I actually put myself in check and calmed down and looked inside. I saw all of the discs. I was overjoyed!

Anyway, got home last night, opened the set and grabbed the first disc......MASSIVE gash right across, from one edge to the other, like someone purposely dug something into it.

I know it doesn't change the fact that the discs are damaged, but you could still try to see if you can get them ripped to your computer.

Also, I used to live near a game store that had a disc re-surfacer in store. So you can always see about getting that done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noob447 said:

This kinda happened to me a few years back when I bought a dreamcast on ebay. I plugged it in and made sure it turned on before leaving a review without actually playing it or even turning the tv on (I was getting a lot of retro gaming shit in a short amount of time at the time so I didn't have the time to thoroughly test everything right away). When I went to actually play it 3 weeks I noticed the dreamcast had absolutely no picture the screen was completely blank no matter what I did I even tried 3 different av cables and I obv couldn't get a refund cuz I only discovered this 3 weeks after. I bought a 3rd party gun controller (cuz the official US dreamcast gun controller was trash they made it look silly cuz of the columbine shooting and it was terrible as a result) and this game Confidential Mission and everything (I'm super into rail shooters like House of the Dead and Time Crisis and al that shit) complete waste of $75 without the dreamcast the game and the controller were unusable

Edited by DabDeity710

27 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

(I'm super into rail shooters like House of the Dead and Time Crisis and al that shit)

Gasp! Love me some Time Crisis. I have two copies of the first playstation game along with several spare Guncons still.

Did you ever catch on to the fact that anything plugged into the second controller port initiates "stand up" when you press any button on it? I used the pedals from a stearing wheel controller I had to replicate that arcade feeling. Later on I took an old DDR pad and cut it down to just one button and tacked it down to a piece of 3/4" plywood and had myself a "touch sensitive" foot pedal. :D

1 hour ago, ThePJzer said:

I know it doesn't change the fact that the discs are damaged, but you could still try to see if you can get them ripped to your computer.

Also, I used to live near a game store that had a disc re-surfacer in store. So you can always see about getting that done.

Yeah I'm going to try and see if any data can be salvaged from them tonight! I thought about doing that as well. The local used game store has a super huge, professional disc repair machine and they charge about $3/disc and even discount larger quantities.

7 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Gasp! Love me some Time Crisis. I have two copies of the first playstation game along with several spare Guncons still.

Did you ever catch on to the fact that anything plugged into the second controller port initiates "stand up" when you press any button on it? I used the pedals from a stearing wheel controller I had to replicate that arcade feeling. Later on I took an old DDR pad and cut it down to just one button and tacked it down to a piece of 3/4" plywood and had myself a "touch sensitive" foot pedal. :D

I still have my guncons and my logitech wheel I'll have to try that

14 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I still have my guncons and my logitech wheel I'll have to try that

Since I wasn't specific I'll point out that Im referring to the first game on PSOne.

I look forward to hearing back from you after you've tried it out. :D

Edited by ThePJzer

8 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Since I wasn't specific I'll point out that Im referring to the first game on PSOne.

I look forward to hearing back from you after you've tried it out. :D

Could be a while I haven't got a new crt tv since I movedxDYea that sound about right for the PS1 I think there's even an official Time Crisis foot pedal for PS1 idk why they couldn't do that for the PS2

Fuck I bet the wrong guy for the UFC fights tn, I always confuse all the Russian fighters other than Khabib Nurmagomedov. The guy I bet on accident is fighting some 7-0 guy with 5 KOs each in under a minute too fuuuck, my guy's winnig so far tho he fucking clocked the 7-0 guy 30 seconds in

Edit: I ended up winning, good for me:Pthe fight I meant to bet didn't start yet either so I got that one in too

2nd edit: I won that one too, KO'd the other guy in 32 seconds $30 at +300

tenor.gif

Edited by DabDeity710