Can anyone suggest a GOOD External HDD Enclosure?

Pollux

19 minutes ago, Pollux said:

Thanks guys! @testing123 That's one of the ones I was look at. Lol.

@Koby That looks like what I need to look into getting.

If you're using multiple drives at once or are lazy replacing them each time you want to use 'em, I'd go with Koby's option. Not sure how you're able to buy on that website though.

Just now, testing123 said:

If you're using multiple drives at once or are lazy replacing them each time you want to use 'em, I'd go with Koby's option. Not sure how you're able to buy on that website though.

I found 2 different models on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16816322029

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816322028

5 minutes ago, Pollux said:

The white one is like mine, except white (mine are black).

The black one you linked to is basically the same except that it offers raid support; which is actually good if you want redundancy to ensure your data is safe.

1 minute ago, Koby said:

The black one you linked to is basically the same except that it offers raid support; which is actually good if you want redundancy to ensure your data is safe.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that WT in the model number/name meant White.

I might see about getting that one while the $20 off promo is going on.

I'm sure there's better out there, but this is the one I got about a year ago: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool-free-Enclosure-Optimized-EC-UASP/dp/B00OJ3UJ2S/

For $12 bucks, I'm extremely happy with it. Performance is fantastic with the old laptop drive I threw in it, averaging about 56MB/s transfer rates over USB3.0.

It's even survived a few drops DURING USE due to my cat, with no apparent data corruption or damage!

Overall, I couldn't be happier for the price.

EDIT: I'm a moron. I completely skipped over you saying you need enclosures for 3.5 inch drives. Don't mind me, I'll just be in the corner over here.

Edited by Irastris
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2016 at 11:17 PM, Koby said:

Lol. No problems.

Fedex just dropped this off:
475be3d5b9.jpg

Working so far. Just gotta be careful not to shove the drive in there too hard as I believe that could damage the connectors.

30 minutes ago, Pollux said:

Working so far. Just gotta be careful not to shove the drive in there too hard as I believe that could damage the connectors.

w00t! I got this old 500GB Western Digital Green Drive, that was messing up on me, to come on via this docking station.

Data copy go!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fedex just dropped this off:

7660bedf6b.png

Which I got on sale for $64.99. I got it to back up some stuff and test some things out, formatting it in the docking bay right now. :)

Since Newegg got this back in stock:

0a22a5abf7.png

I will probably get it friday, since that is the last day for the $20 off promo.

I had to wait for the black version, it will look so much better than the white! :D

Edited by Pollux
More info.