naruto gone too far?

takaiyux

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add my voice to the fillers suck thing... even though some of them are relevant. I think my biggest complaint is the way they drag everything out. I've just (hopefully) finished the part where there were loads of flashbacks (sorry if this is a spoiler - I need to find out how to do those) and its really frustrating trying to get back to what's actually happening. Sure it's nice to know, but do we really need X amount of episodes telling us it all? And fight scenes? Look awesome, but really long too. I didn't think ninja were supposed to talk so much!

I'll add my voice to the fillers suck thing... even though some of them are relevant. I think my biggest complaint is the way they drag everything out. I've just (hopefully) finished the part where there were loads of flashbacks (sorry if this is a spoiler - I need to find out how to do those) and its really frustrating trying to get back to what's actually happening. Sure it's nice to know, but do we really need X amount of episodes telling us it all? And fight scenes? Look awesome, but really long too. I didn't think ninja were supposed to talk so much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I just think it has gotten dragged out too long. Short series = good anime.

This is true. However, if you take out all the filler and reduce everything after the Chunnin exams, then it would actually be a solid series. Sadly they started the anime too soon and need to compensate by making long, drawn out arcs and way too much filler.

• 2 weeks later...
With any long running show it's bound to happen eventually. Though some fail to get the edge back, Shippuuden has somewhat succeeding in getting it partially back in the last 30 episodes in the subs.

I completely agree with this statement. Naruto did in fact fall well down the scale of entertainment after a good 120 episodes, this is mainly due to having to make so many filler episodes in my opinion. If they did not have to do that then the story would have progressed faster and it wouldn't have gotten so lengthy and somewhat repetitive. There is even a really long stretch where there are about 10 episodes straight of only filler. Now, 2-3 are okay, but 5-6 is already pushing it. Now to get to around 10 is just going way to far! However Shippudden certainly brought it back up to speed with the Akatsuki and the jinchuuriki, at least that's what I think.

As far as the anime goes what Koby said really does hit the nail on the head. Though excluding filler I was say overall the story it's self has only gotten better and better and if you follow the manga the last 50 chapters have been the best to date. Now if your including fillers then I would say that for sure it's lost it's edge in the anime, but that's why I switched to the manga and never looked back after I caught up to the subs a bit over a year ago.

• 1 month later...